Solved Resolution measurement?

stefanmz

Jun 15, 2023
Visit site
Hi! So I need to know how many pixels is an area of my screen of my Android phone(the navbar with my search widget in Nova Launcher). When I take a screenshot then measure it, then put something there to fill up that space in the wallpaper, it doesn't fill it up even though I measured it. Is it bigger when on screen instead of screenshot?

Solution
I'm a little confused by your question. If you're talking wallpaper and an image you are either capturing with a camera or creating somehow, wouldn't it be a matter of aligning whatever you want in that space to achieve the effect you're looking for? I guess I'm stumped on the pixel thing. Since most manufacturers describe their screen resolution in pixels per square inch, for example 1920 x 1080, you could approximate the number of pixels by measuring the physical screen in that area and using your devices pixel density to figure it out. I don't think you could do that from a screenshot as the scale would change if you attempted to print it out or display it since the pixel density is based on the physical screen dimensions.

Best...

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little confused by your question. If you're talking wallpaper and an image you are either capturing with a camera or creating somehow, wouldn't it be a matter of aligning whatever you want in that space to achieve the effect you're looking for? I guess I'm stumped on the pixel thing. Since most manufacturers describe their screen resolution in pixels per square inch, for example 1920 x 1080, you could approximate the number of pixels by measuring the physical screen in that area and using your devices pixel density to figure it out. I don't think you could do that from a screenshot as the scale would change if you attempted to print it out or display it since the pixel density is based on the physical screen dimensions.

Best wishes

Last edited:
Solution

stefanmz

Jun 15, 2023
Visit site
oh great thanks! I knew there is something else to it rather than just taking a screenshot. It just didn't make sense that my measurements on my screenshot didn't work. I will measure it. Thanks a lot for the answer!

stefanmz

Jun 15, 2023
Visit site

Best wishes
Well that worked for me! I measured it and calculated together with the pixel density and a calculator to find the pixel size and it worked perfectly the first time! Not saying the other solutions here don't work just that's what worked for me. Thanks a lot for solving it! Also I forgot to post sorry this has been done for a few days. Anyway that's the solution for me, thanks!

Reactions: VidJunky