[ROM] 11/20/11 - CleanROM 2.9 - GB 2.3.4 - Perfection Achieved!

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Are you talking about Sprint hotspot that was integrated into the new version or WiFi tether?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: fraz

fraz

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CleanROM 1.1 -7/31/11- Ad Block, Native Wifi and USB Te

the Wifi Tether app is the one Im using from the market, ive also tried the beta2 version from the website.

The sprint hotspot app says "your account does not include Mobile Hotspot Service, Please contact Sprint"

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

REFLASH THE ROM.. It has been integrated into the ROM. ALSO... try the wifi tether in the stickys. IT DOES WORK

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Flashed this morning. I have no way to access settings.

I went back to my backup for now (damn it is nice to be able to do this again) Not being able to get to settings kind of makes some things a little tricky. Can't wait to flash it back.

If you have no access to settings you did something wrong.

Did you flash the 3D Home screen settings as well?

fraz

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site

REFLASH THE ROM.. It has been integrated into the ROM. ALSO... try the wifi tether in the stickys. IT DOES WORK

so I tried reflashing the ROM like you said for the wifi tether to work and now I'm having major issues:

I am unable to access the main Settings (menu > settings).

I tried to reboot into recovery and the startup just hangs on the HTC logo. I did a battery pull and was able to boot into recovery that way but choosing any options such as boot into recovery or factory reset the phone will just hang on the HTC logo.

I have done numerous battery pulls and when the phone starts up normally i still can not access the main settings.

I tried going into rom manager and booting into recovery and backing up current rom and nothing has helped.

Any ideas? Thank you.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

If you have no access to settings you did something wrong.

Did you flash the 3D Home screen settings as well?

so I tried reflashing the ROM like you said for the wifi tether to work and now I'm having major issues:

I tried to reboot into recovery and the startup just hangs on the HTC logo. I did a battery pull and was able to boot into recovery that way but choosing any options such as boot into recovery or factory reset the phone will just hang on the HTC logo.

I have done numerous battery pulls and when the phone starts up normally i still can not access the main settings.

I tried going into rom manager and booting into recovery and backing up current rom and nothing has helped.

Any ideas? Thank you.

What recovery are you guys using?

Also, I just got done downloading the ROM now. Just starting to flash. I would hate to think that I uploaded a beta I was working on:'(

fraz

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site

What recovery are you guys using?

Also, I just got done downloading the ROM now. Just starting to flash. I would hate to think that I uploaded a beta I was working on:'(

the recovery from Rom Manager app and hboot via holding power button and volume, any options I choose just hangs on the HTC log

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

the recovery from Rom Manager app and hboot via holding power button and volume, any options I choose just hangs on the HTC log

No... What RECOVERY are you using? Are you using TWRP or clockwork mod?

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Any ideas? Thank you.
IF there are issues with the ROM then I would go back to recovery and RESTORE your original Backup of stock rom. If you didnt make a backup then you need to take other steps.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

I would advise everyone to install TWRP recovery. I personally use it and it seems to have less issues with flashing and can make compressed backups.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

IF there are issues with the ROM then I would go back to recovery and RESTORE your original Backup of stock rom. If you didnt make a backup then you need to take other steps.

I bet he is using CWM recovery just like newboxy....

I think that is the discriminating factor...

CWM has a few known issues right now and IMHO should not be released for public consumption...

Just my theory right now...

EDIT: Looks like we are thinking the same thing

fraz

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site

No... What RECOVERY are you using? Are you using TWRP or clockwork mod?

using clockwork but Im unable to reboot into the clockwork recover screen from Hboot or Rom Mgr.

Any ideas how I can make it into the the clockwork screen?

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

using clockwork but Im unable to reboot into the clockwork recover screen from Hboot or Rom Mgr.

Install TWRP recovery for the sticky I made

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

If you are stuck and need some more help I will personally help you out on this one if needed. Gtalk me

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans