[ROM][5.07.2011][ED01]Community Rom V1.3

zero0r

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
yeah it is just for the stock app didn't see his original post asking about handcent, my bad i know nothing about handcent sorry for the misleading info then.

on a side note anyone wanna fill me in on some of the pluses of handcent is it really that much better than the stock app or is it just one of those matter of preference deals

peace out till next time

Last edited:

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I've been running v1.3 for about 24 hours now, and I've unfortunately had a significant problem crop up. I've read most, but not all, of this thread and not seen my issue, so hopefully no one has to repeat themselves.

In short, my data connection cuts out, independently of the strength of my cell signal, and it started doing this shortly after I flashed v1.3 over ComROM v1.2. I can't tolerate this, so after my phone finishes charging, I'm going to do a data wipe/reset and reflash the ROM and hope that fixes it. If that doesn't work, I'll revert back to v1.2 unless someone else has a suggestion.

P.S. If it matters, I have the EC01 radio, which is also what I had when running v1.2.

I think this same thing might be happening to me. Have you tried the reflash yet and can you tell if it worked?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
No cigar. Just finished a complete wipe and reflash of 1.3, barely five minutes after booting up and the data connection is cutting out.

That sucks. I also found that I can't receive MMS messages now. And it took forever for me to email a pic I took to myself today. I'm almost ready to go back to stock Froyo because of all these little frustrations.

Winkz7

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Who r u talking to about swype brother?

Anyone that might have a solution... I posted here since I wasn't sure if it was an issue just with the CommRom or the theme or what.

I also noticed the text being dark on a dark background. I'm using ChompSMS as my SMS app.

EDIT: I did more digging and found the post about changing the Swpye theme in AC as well as the link to XDA. Thanks to Lttlwing16 and kenesis!

I followed the directions for the Swype lib file and theme, now I can text in Espanol and see the words that Swype is suggesting.

Last edited:

dyslecksec

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That sucks. I also found that I can't receive MMS messages now. And it took forever for me to email a pic I took to myself today. I'm almost ready to go back to stock Froyo because of all these little frustrations.

An update from my end, I went back to CommROM v1.0, and then v1.2 and I'm still having the same problem. Could it be a local network problem that cropped up at the same time from sheer coincidence? Or is it possible v1.3 did something that isn't undone by a reset/reflash to another ROM?

mrmmonty

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had the issue with data dropping out since installing version 1.0 when it first came out. I've been too busy to even look into it, especially since I assumed it was the radio. I backed out from EC01 to EB01 and will see how it goes.

On a different aside, I just went to update to 1.3 at the same time I was reverting modems... installation of 1.3 caused Launcher Pro to go into an FC loop and I ended up just reverting to version 1.0

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Anyone found a fix for the MMS problem?

Also, I didn't do a complete wipe the first time around. I'm having enough issues with my phone that I'm going to have to do something because 1.3 just isn't working out for me. Either wipe all and go back to stock Froyo or wipe everything and try and reinstall up to 1.3. I'm not thrilled with the prospect of either, but I can't go on like this.

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had a problem with the alarm clock icon disappearing from the status bar at times. Also disappears from the lockscreen when this happens making it seem like your alarm is no longer on, but when checking within the alarm clock section of the app it shows it being on. I'm only having this happen with the Com Rom. Happens whether I use the original clock app or the asop clock app.

Also when I wipe cache partitions and dalvik cache in cwm to flash an addon such as the swype fix for 1.3, my phone will freeze shortly after booting up, usually in the middle of the media scanning. I've noticed this happening anytime I flash any kind of addon. I just hold the volume up button and the power button together for 5+ seconds until the phone reboots and then it boots up fine. But I don't think this should be happening every time?

I haven't ran into any of the other reported bugs, these are the only couple things I've had a problem with thus far. If anyone has some insight into those issues it'd be greatly appreciated.

rogerg

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi there, this may be above my pay grade but is there a way to replace the battery with the circle battery percentage?

thanks to all for the help in suggesting trying some themes in order to get the circle batt. I tried a few but what I am looking for is changing just the batt meter on the Com Rom. Kinda like the theme as it is except for swipe and the clock that i have managed to replace.

sfobrien

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
jOR i was having similar issues and people were receiving @@@@@@@@ about half way through a message i just downloaded the Samsung messaging add-on from the OP and it fixed all my issues i would check that out

Does the add on revert SMS/MMS back to the original colors or does it stay the dark colors that come with the ROM?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Also when I wipe cache partitions and dalvik cache in cwm to flash an addon such as the swype fix for 1.3, my phone will freeze shortly after booting up, usually in the middle of the media scanning. .

Mine does this too but I just let the media scanning finish and things seem to be ok

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had a problem with the alarm clock icon disappearing from the status bar at times. Also disappears from the lockscreen when this happens making it seem like your alarm is no longer on, but when checking within the alarm clock section of the app it shows it being on. I'm only having this happen with the Com Rom. Happens whether I use the original clock app or the asop clock app.

Also when I wipe cache partitions and dalvik cache in cwm to flash an addon such as the swype fix for 1.3, my phone will freeze shortly after booting up, usually in the middle of the media scanning. I've noticed this happening anytime I flash any kind of addon. I just hold the volume up button and the power button together for 5+ seconds until the phone reboots and then it boots up fine. But I don't think this should be happening every time?

I haven't ran into any of the other reported bugs, these are the only couple things I've had a problem with thus far. If anyone has some insight into those issues it'd be greatly appreciated.

Delete one of the clocks with root explorer . If you have two clock apk. Files I found that to happen as well. Let me know if that works. If you need a clock asop zip it is jaes add on section.

MazoMark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
After sitting on sidelines due to work and other commitments, finally got time to download and install 1.3 last night. Installation was easy (I did factory wipe) and I had everything reinstalled and set up in 15 minutes max. Wow - this is a slick ROM! Great job by the team on this - I'll definitely be sending some coffee/beer money after my next paycheck!

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
An update from my end, I went back to CommROM v1.0, and then v1.2 and I'm still having the same problem. Could it be a local network problem that cropped up at the same time from sheer coincidence? Or is it possible v1.3 did something that isn't undone by a reset/reflash to another ROM?

@ snareman as well,

I read through all your posts guys, and after reviewing the thread and thread over on XDA, Here's what I would try if I was in your shoes.. just a recommendation, obviously you all are smart dudes..however, I am confident this is the best chance to fix your ills.. the best option for both of you is to try this. (dys I know you already did a complete wipe, but just bare with me)

Delete existing comrom1.3.zip from your phone

Redownload the rom, store on sd obviously.

Backup your apps with My backup pro or Tibu whatever you prefer. Export your contacts to sdcard or make sure they are sync'd to google. (If you don't have these done already)

Boot phone all the way down. Pull battery, put back in, three button push straight to CWM

Wipe cache and davlik three times each

Wipe data/factory reset

Install comrom

wipe data/factory reset

Boot your phone, and let the media scanner finish before touching anything..

When it fully boots and media scanner is done.

*228 option 1 it will reboot

*228 option 2 it will reboot again

Boot into cwm..flash browser patch

Reboot

Check data..use your browser to try to load a page or do a search

If data is good,

Then add your google account, and download your backup software from the market..

Just restore your apk.s DON"T RESTORE APP DATA or SYSTEM SETTINGS..

Reboot..

Check data again.. if it is bad, the problem is with your restore from your backup..

If all is good, check your messaging app.. see if it's working.. if it is not, then I would flash the messaging patch on the op..(I followed the same procedure as listed and messaging works fine, but I haven't written any really long messages. I know MMS works.. )

I know this requires clearing your phone, ugh.., but the way it sounds, you all were both going to do it anyway..

KBv1.3 is the best I've had on my phone, but is very sensitive to the install process..I hit some snags the first install and ended up doing it over.... Like I said you all are obviously smart people, this is just what I would do if I had your problems!

Good luck and let us know how you all get it fixed!! ;)

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
So, if i've already got 1.3 up and running with only a few issues, would doing all that make a difference? I have no problem with it, just wondering if that's pointless when I don't have a lot of the major issues.

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
So, if i've already got 1.3 up and running with only a few issues, would doing all that make a difference? I have no problem with it, just wondering if that's pointless when I don't have a lot of the major issues.

lol...by no means my man.. this isn't the law..it's simply a recommendation of how I think their problems can be quelched..

If your happy with your system than you don't have to do anything!!

What "few issues" are you having?

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
lol...by no means my man.. this isn't the law..it's simply a recommendation of how I think their problems can be quelched..

If your happy with your system than you don't have to do anything!!

What "few issues" are you having?

Pretty well non existent GPS and phantom soft key presses are the only things I haven't gotten worked out yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sams_s22plus