[ROM Alert] TMartinPPC ShiftyGingerSense v1.0

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
All credit goes to 911Sniper and TMartin03 for finding and making a flashable

I know everyone has been waiting on Gingerbread and Sense 2.1, so I figured I would pass along the info

Here's the original thread [LEAK & Flashable Version]Speedy_S_Sprint_WWE_2.72.651.2_Radio_1.08.00.0506 - xda-developers

I've been running this for about an hour and everything seems to be working, haven't found any issue yet.

Here's some screen shots

5727819405_a9ae24caf7_z.jpg
5728373960_9d79174c0d_z.jpg

5728375442_12837d4012_z.jpg
5728374626_c93d4d9339_z.jpg

5728375048_12fd9d4d52_z.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: boriecorie

YoungCorruption

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
i'ma have to give this one a try too sometime today. good lookout crump
EDIT: reading the forum on xda and kinda confused... does this mean that we are getting the gingerbread update since sniper had the test build or is this a rom that has been ported to the shift?

Last edited:

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah just download to your pc then place on the root of your SD card and you shouldn't have any problems. I also have a problem with large downloads failing sometimes.

coosawatchie#AC

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded it last night 4 minutes after Tmartin put it up, works awesome, no glitches whatsoever, very smooth. battery life seems longer, usually it would be in the yellow by now, its still halfway and green. Love the new skins. Could not install it using ROM manager at first, it would load up but all the services would force close. So i did it through the recovery, it installed so fast i thought it was corrupted. But everything works. Also at first 3g/4g speeds were extremely slow, did a battery pull and updated PRL, everything is back to norm.

azorgi01

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded the file from that link. Is there a guide here on how to install a new ROM?

Have no idea how to do it but I wanna give it a try.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:
Reactions: azorgi01

lancer1991#AC

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Backup prior to wipe

Alright, this was my first attempt at rooting and installing a ROM. I read a post in another forum about using Titanium Backup and MyBackup Root to backup. Using Titanium for apps and MyBackup for data. I did that, installed this ROM, restored apps, then data, but I seem to be missing things. None of my ringtone/notification settings transferred over, I have duplicate tones, I had to manually set up my Google accounts, none of my Wifi settings are there. Oh yeah and it took forever.

Did I go about something wrong? Should I use Clockwork to restore my backup from there back to the original ROM and start from scratch?

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Alright, this was my first attempt at rooting and installing a ROM. I read a post in another forum about using Titanium Backup and MyBackup Root to backup. Using Titanium for apps and MyBackup for data. I did that, installed this ROM, restored apps, then data, but I seem to be missing things. None of my ringtone/notification settings transferred over, I have duplicate tones, I had to manually set up my Google accounts, none of my Wifi settings are there. Oh yeah and it took forever.

Did I go about something wrong? Should I use Clockwork to restore my backup from there back to the original ROM and start from scratch?

Not sure what happened but everything as far as settings should be restored. I've gotten to where I use Mybackup Root to backup everything, Data and apps+data. I use titanium for other things but I had some issue restoring apps. As far as google accounts, anytime you wipe and flash a fresh ROM you'll have to setup your accounts again. That's why I have several backups saved on my SD cards in case I want to switch ROM's but don't want to go through the process of setting everything back up.

YoungCorruption

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
idk if something happened when i tried downloading Tmartins version but it never flashes. it says error or something and then i click reboot in the recovery mode and it puts me back to CM7. i guess i'ma have to try the other guys version of the test build

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
idk if something happened when i tried downloading Tmartins version but it never flashes. it says error or something and then i click reboot in the recovery mode and it puts me back to CM7. i guess i'ma have to try the other guys version of the test build

Sounds like a bad download. Try downloading again and re flashing