[ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Clean flashed 0930, with formula's gapps 929. Performance seems very good. Will be watching battery... Stock kernel.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Anybody notice this??
eme8agur.jpg

"If you're using the CyanogenMod team's custom ROM on your Android device, and are running any of the nightlies from today (Sep. 30) onward, you now have a new option in your settings -- CM Updater. What it does is give you the option to automatically check for updates and install then, just like an over the air update from your carrier. We've seen this done before from other developers, and from ROM Manager, but now there's a built in option for all users of the ROM".

Last edited:

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
He mentioned it on twitter but didn't know he added it to today's rom. Nicely done.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Are the addons necessary?

NO! In fact they might not take anyway if you have the google apps installed already, BUT if your coming from a CLEAN install then you can use them, not necessary though.

I'm curious if this update add on will be solely for the "official" CM10 or if Euroskanks will be included, I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

Last edited:

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
NO! In fact they might not take anyway if you have the google apps installed already, BUT if your coming from a CLEAN install then you can use them, not necessary though.

I'm curious if this update add on will be solely for the "official" CM10 or if Euroskanks will be included, I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

I'm wondering this as well.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Anybody notice this??
"If you're using the CyanogenMod team's custom ROM on your Android device, and are running any of the nightlies from today (Sep. 30) onward, you now have a new option in your settings -- CM Updater. What it does is give you the option to automatically check for updates and install then, just like an over the air update from your carrier. We've seen this done before from other developers, and from ROM Manager, but now there's a built in option for all users of the ROM".

I'm confused...does this mean that we'll be able to cleanly install nightlies without wiping data (like an OTA upgrade)?

Further, would that only work for the official CM10, or will it also work if your running EuroSkank?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused...does this mean that we'll be able to cleanly install nightlies without wiping data (like an OTA upgrade)?

Further, would that only work for the official CM10, or will it also work if your running EuroSkank?

Looks like it's just for the official cm10. Anybody know the major differences between Fitsnuglys CM10 and Official? Where exactly are his cherry picks coming from?
(Euroskank is the best Daily out there by the way, imo)

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Flashed the newest 1002 update and saw a "cannot find ghost.cm". Anyone else get the same error at the beginning? Anyone know what it means?

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
It's Dre Beats awesome.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/29/utazeny4.jpg

Beamed from the future via Tapatalk

I flashed the "Awesome BEATS" (aka DSP Manager with a new icon and a few words changed :confused:) via the link you provided (thanks) and I've found my initial positive impression to be a placebo effect. I use an aux port via the headphone jack to play music in my car rather than BT and even though the sound was very much better than stock the settings didn't do anything. Changing presets, compression, bass, etc.....zilche. Just me? DSP worked perfectly so I'll be reflashing that again. Second question, any idea if both zips "live" in the same place and will overwrite eachother or do I have to nandroid to get rid of BEATS?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I flashed the "Awesome BEATS" (aka DSP Manager with a new icon and a few words changed :confused:) via the link you provided (thanks) and I've found my initial positive impression to be a placebo effect. I use an aux port via the headphone jack to play music in my car rather than BT and even though the sound was very much better than stock the settings didn't do anything. Changing presets, compression, bass, etc.....zilche. Just me? DSP worked perfectly so I'll be reflashing that again. Second question, any idea if both zips "live" in the same place and will overwrite eachother or do I have to nandroid to get rid of BEATS?

I know what ya mean, I think it's more of a headphones thing with dre beats to tell any (if any) differences. Just flashing the next nightly would probably be the best bet. ;)

Tapatalk sent from the future

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I know what ya mean, I think it's more of a headphones thing with dre beats to tell any (if any) differences. Just flashing the next nightly would probably be the best bet. ;)

Tapatalk sent from the future

Well since I connect via the heaphone jack to an aux port it's the headphone settings that affect the sound of my car's system. Like I said, they all work perfectly using DSM Mgr...as in very obvious diffences using the EQ (presets or manually), compression, or bass boosts. Loving my current setup otherwise. I'm not exactly a huge audiophile and the BEATS zip definitely improves the overall sound so I'll just stick with it a few days until my next clean flash. Just wanted to note that DSP is the better option in my experience.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Flashed the newest 1002 update and saw a "cannot find ghost.cm". Anyone else get the same error at the beginning? Anyone know what it means?

About to flash this now so I'll look for that, (and yes FActory Reset=Clean Flashes are the way to go)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000