[ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 3/9 zvd only

Jordantw

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM7.1 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 11-12-2011

My gmail doesn't refresh itself, I have to manually refresh it. And even when I do that,
It shows I have new emails (Inbox (7) ) but doesn't show them on the message list. Anyone else getting this?

Masterjakeway

May 26, 2011
Visit site

I've had that before. Where the new count doesn't reset after reading them in gmail. Not sure what to do about it besides log in via browser and manually delete the old. Make sure the trash folder is set to sync also.

As far as gmail sync, make sure it's on in sync settings. It doesn't get checked automatically when you sign into the gmail account.

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

As far as gmail sync, make sure it's on in sync settings. It doesn't get checked automatically when you sign into the gmail account.

^^^Yeah I noticed this too! If you check it and go to gmail and hit refresh with sync turned on it should work.

Jordantw

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Turning on the gmail sync did the trick, thanks guys. I don't know how I missed that 0_o

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

I played with this for a while yesterday and it is very snappy and sharp. ::cheers::

I would really like to see you (and all custom ROM devs) use a version of Email.apk that does not allow an MS Exchange server to take over as a device admin (uses EAS bypass). I added the Exchange account, watched it whine for permissions before it would do anything useful, then keep the lockscreen PIN code requirement AFTER I got frustrated and removed the account.

Is there a way to change the default analog clock face without installing some resource hungry widgets app? The stock one that is included in this looks like a preschool project. The boot animation is an iridescent rotating disc that explodes and reforms :cool: , there are freakin' photon torpedos jetting all around the live wallpaper :cool: and there sits a macaroni picture on a paper plate in the middle of it :confused:. Would just installing a CM7 theme fix it?

I did not play with it, but would VVM work with your fix if I were not using the stock messaging app (i.e GO SMS Pro)? It has worked fine in the Sprint-based ROM's, but I get that this is different.

I should have played with it more, but I needed to get it running for work this morning and I kinda hosed my Reborn nandroid yesterday clearing caches with the data2sd mod. :(

Last edited:

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Boot animation can be changed if you replace the bootanimation.zip in the system folder. The latest build has an option to choose boot animation.
VVM will work after you apply the fix, as long as you don't delete the stock Mms.apk. VVM needs the stock messaging app to work. If you use GO SMS you'll have to uncheck "disable stock notification" or you won't get voicemail in the visual voicemail app. You can manually disable notification in the stock messaging app.

Reactions: epidenimus

noonebutkev

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

what are the steps to updating?
explain it like im a four year old, because im worrried of failure :/

charmon1605

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

what are the steps to updating?
explain it like im a four year old, because im worrried of failure :/

Curious about updating too. I have the 11/03 build installed. I should be able to update to the 11/12 build without loosing my personal settings and apps?

Do i just download and flash the 11/12 framework update version. 2? And flash it the same way I flashed the 11/03 build? Do I need to update to 11/7 before updating to 11/12, or can I just update straight to 11/12?

Thanks.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Backup apps with titanium backup, backup sms with SMS backup from the market. Then in recovery always do a nandroid backup prior to doing updates, just in case something goes wrong.

If you are on the 11/3 builds, Wipe cache in recovery then just flash that 11/12 framework update v2 file in recovery. Then reboot. Everything like your data should be the same. Some things that depend on the build.prop might need reinstalling as that has changed.

But if you want to flash to whole ROM, at least wipe cache prior to flashing and flash Google apps afterwards.

If you get force closures you will need to start over and need to at least do the system format or flash the debug system format zip in the hotfix section.

Jordantw

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

My device died today with 0% battery, so i plug it in to the charger and instantly it says its charging at 52% lol. Strange?

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

You need to reset battery stats in recovery after a full charge. Charge it till it says discharging in settings / about phone /status. Unplug, and reboot to recovery. Then reset battery stats under.advanced menu in the recovery.

charmon1605

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

Backup apps with titanium backup, backup sms with SMS backup from the market. Then in recovery always do a nandroid backup prior to doing updates, just in case something goes wrong.

If you are on the 11/3 builds, Wipe cache in recovery then just flash that 11/12 framework update v2 file in recovery. Then reboot. Everything like your data should be the same. Some things that depend on the build.prop might need reinstalling as that has changed.

But if you want to flash to whole ROM, at least wipe cache prior to flashing and flash Google apps afterwards.

If you get force closures you will need to start over and need to at least do the system format or flash the debug system format zip in the hotfix section.

Thanks.

Masterjakeway

May 26, 2011
Visit site
You need to reset battery stats in recovery after a full charge. Charge it till it says discharging in settings / about phone /status. Unplug, and reboot to recovery. Then reset battery stats under.advanced menu in the recovery.

Thank you for finally giving me the proper instructions!

noonebutkev

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
My build is GWK74 (11062011/LS670)
Would I follow just wipe cache then flash?
Also, my SD card is getting really full, can I put my nandroid backups on my PC or something?

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Yes, you can wipe cache, then flash the 11/12 framework update zip.

Yes, you can transfer your nandroids to your computer, keep everything in their own directories. Add like a text file in each of the backup directories so you know what each are.

mikebontoft

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

do I need to clear everything as if I were to install a new ROM or is there a way to update from Drew's build?

sorry if you covered it already... 100 pages is a bit too long even for me.

shockdude

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

do I need to clear everything as if I were to install a new ROM or is there a way to update from Drew's build?

sorry if you covered it already... 100 pages is a bit too long even for me.

i originally had drew's cm7 before i switched to kraven's.
all i did was wipe cache & dalvik, without wiping data.
i flashed the wipe system debug zip, then kraven's cm7, then gapps.
other than gapps force closing upon boot (since the google account is still active on the phone) and some cm7 settings being reset (not a big deal; just set then again), i found all my apps intact, with everything working perfectly fine.

btw kraven, this rom is awesome, great job.

deadset

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

I can't mount my windows share with cifsmanager. I used to be able to do it on zefies cm7. Is this a problem with the kernel?

snipsta

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site

Having some troubles with the latest release (11/12). I've flashed two different times and after both times I have trouble downloading from the market. I keep getting either a "insufficient space" message which is not true since I have plenty or a notification saying the download failed. I have tried all of the different google apps and markets from the first page. I have even cleared the data and cache from the app. On both flashes I did a full wipe and used the debut format to ensure everything went right.

mikebontoft

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

Worked out great for me, thanks!

Now I have to re-root, reinstall Xionia and reinstall this ROM :(

(that's what I get for flashing stock ROM to update PRL and Profile so I could get my 3G back. doh.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradypsnyder