[ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 3/9 zvd only

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 12-22-2011 zvd on

Which version did you install? I thought i fixed it.
The old fixes were muting both camera sounds in Settings/Cm settings/sounds fixes it. If you can delete the VideoRecord.ogg file in /system/media/ is the temporary work around.

ShadowXSeeker

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

Ok. Somebody help me. I installed this on my optimus S. (following instructions to a T) Everything is great except one HUGE problem.... I have no sprint network access. Wtf. This made my phone useless. How do i fix?

PS. I just flashed back to YourMomROM, and network has not problems, so something is jazzed with the ROM itself, not my phone

Last edited:

ens04

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Somebody help me. I installed this on my optimus S. (following instructions to a T) Everything is great except one HUGE problem.... I have no sprint network access. Wtf. This made my phone useless. How do i fix?

PS. I just flashed back to YourMomROM, and network has not problems, so something is jazzed with the ROM itself, not my phone

What baseband are you on? Zvh?
Because this ROM is zvd

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

amskhan

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

hey i just flashed this> it works perfectly
but i also flashed the transparent status bar
and now my phone doesnt have a status bar any help?
i can acces the internet an all that good stuff
im thinking either the status bar thing messed up or the launcher accidentally took out the status bar by a launcher action.
does anyone have any siggestions onto what i should do
i did flash it for my phone and i can confirm that the internet and stuff works
just the status bar

Last edited:

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Reflash the rom. The transparent status bar is built in in cm settings. Requires you to change the clock color and a reboot to take effect.

The other zip you flashed are for older builds

amskhan

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

Reflash the rom. The transparent status bar is built in in cm settings. Requires you to change the clock color and a reboot to take effect.

The other zip you flashed are for older builds

i did what you said
but that doesnt seem to be the problem
everytime i restart and reflash it tells me:
status bar application has failed to launch /crashed

so idk what to do

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Before I suggest doing a full wipe/format of the system,boot,cache,data...

First try wiping cache and reboot. You have frameworks conflicting . If that don't work, try just flashing the debug-format system zip. Then flash the rom, flash gapps and reboot.

Fc are normal with not doing a wipe during the install process.

Also those undo files are for those specific build dates. So don't use them.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

amskhan

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

Before I suggest doing a full wipe/format of the system,boot,cache,data...

First try wiping cache and reboot. You have frameworks conflicting . Ig that don't work, try just flashing the debug-format system zip. Then flash the rom, flash gapps and reboot.

Fc are normal with not doing a wipe during the install process.

Also those undo files are for those specific build dates. So don't use them.

yup that fixed it thnx alot :)
do you know if the cm7 team will start including weakly updates anytime soon.
because thats the reason i reflash stuff
bcuz it gets slow after a few months

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

There is not much going on with CM7 due to CM9 getting most of the development at this moment. Jerryscript is pushing new features to our phones. I'm working on a few things to get added and fixed, but it takes time to test it, like handset mic fixes and charging while off.

I'm about to release a patch so you can use Drew's Gingerkernel 8.1 with CM7. It fixes the camera whitescreen problems. But still you need to turn off cm screen off/ screen on animations.

Last edited:

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

If you would like to give Drew's .35 GingerKernel 8.1 a try, here is a fix for the white camera issues we had. I'll make an undo if you need one.

In preparation and known issues.
  • Turn off screen off and screen on animations in Settings/Cyanogemod Settings/display. This is important, as it won't wake up. A battery pull will save you to turn it off when it reboots.
  • After button awaking the screen, just need to tap the screen to wake.
  • Camera zoom gets limited to 2.5x.
  • Download Gingerkernel 8.1 from http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...kernel-v08-1-oc-double-tapping-bug-fixed.html
  • Download CM7 patch files here. EDIT: Try patch set 3, has more GB hw files. http://www.mediafire.com/?w5q9gr2akufi573
  • Reboot to recovery, and wipe cache, then flash both files in recovery.
  • Don't post bug issues in Drew's Gingerkernel thread since this Rom is not supported.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buddlespit

amskhan

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

hey drew why is my phone taking like 20 seconds after the unlock to be responsive?
im only running juice defender ultimate?
any suggestions on how i can cut this time down?

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

That's just one of the issues with CM7 and Gingerkernel. After you button wake your phone, just tap the screen to wake it faster. Try raising the lower clock speed to 320 or 480.

If you want the IHO kernel back, i'll make a zip for you.. or reflash the rom.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

First, great work on the ROM, thanks so much. Old linux geek from many years back, cell phone tech in the 80s-90s. Just got my first Android a month back. Been lurking here, learning, breaking things, recovering from backups. :)

I ran the new GingerKernal 8.1 for about 30 hours, had lots of screen lag, fast battery drain with Juice Defender Ultimate and ondemand governor. Tried the msm7k based on research here and the web, and battery drain was fast and dramatic, not good.

I went back to the 12-22 ROM from recovery and it responds to key and touch input better and much better battery life. More information on the governors for the CM7/LS760 kernals would be good, and links better, my Google fu is just not getting answers that make sense.

Again, thanks to thekraven and everyone along the way who has worked on this, and everyone who posts all the helpful information. This forum is exceptionally helpful compared to other forums I use.

MDroidster

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 12-12-2011

Hello, can I use sprintdialercodesCM7 in my SPH-D700 with CM7.2.0-RC0-Epic. It's the first official version of CM7 for Sprint Epic 4g?

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
If you have an epic, there are some builds by teamwin that have it. There's about 3 more files they use. Currently it won't do much with the optimus s

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok just came from zvh due to too many bugs that just won't iron out....forgot how jazzy cm7 really is. Great job on the latest build thanks a BUNCH. :D

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86