[ROM]GB 2.3.4 gingerbread-evo-deck [1.0][2.3.3 Stable][1.2c][2.3.4 Beta]

thunderkiss65

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]GB 2.3.4 gingerbread-evo-deck [1.0][2.3.3 Stable][1.2c][

And oh what a rom it is. .......steady and ready, and with my 3500 extended battery I easily get 2 days out of a charge, and who doesn't love that?

Wassup camelguy? A true gentleman if ever there was one!

Sent from Looney Tunes Central!

Can you please send me a link on that extended battery, I havent seen anything on the extended battery for EVO 4G

tazman1963

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
After a full day on Decks, my phone started lagging ridiculously last night. I still don't know what caused it, but I uninstalled a few apps I'd installed yesterday, and so far it's better today (fingers crossed).

I uninstalled:
- Google Voice Search
- AdFree Root
- YouTube
- File Expert

Anyone else had problems with any of these apps or run into infuriating lag with Decks?

Well I must admit since day one with decks I've had basically zero problems with decks roms, it is as rock solid as they come and I can't say I've had any problems with decks and app integration. Maybe a bad flash?

Sent from Looney Tunes Central!

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Does Deck's have lock screen customizations like CM7 such as mapping a custom gesture to unlock?

mooney101

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
The ONLY thing I hate going without on sense is the way it links Facebook contacts. Any work around for this?

-sent from my Evo 4g on tapatalk

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

The ONLY thing I hate going without on sense is the way it links Facebook contacts. Any work around for this?

-sent from my Evo 4g on tapatalk

Its even better on this rom. It will link every contact you have. You then can join them. Let me know if you want more help with that.

rockdiesel

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

I just rooted my EVO 4g for the first time yesterday using the Revolutionary method. It was actually very easy. Anyhow, I flashed gingerbread-evo-deck-1.3d also. This was also the first ROM I have flashed as well (that was probably understood since this was the first time I rooted, lol). I really like decks rom. Its clean, fast and vanilla android. It was just what I was looking for. I wish I would have rooted my phone and flashed roms a long time ago.

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Decided to try out Deck's, I went with 1.2.1 on reports of better battery and more reliable. So far so good, I did put ADW back since I use some layout features I didn't want to do without.

On my trusty Tiamat 3.3.7 with undervolt, interested to see how the battery life is coming from CM7. GPS worked out of the box with no modification needed.

jasonblanco

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

Decided to try out Deck's, I went with 1.2.1 on reports of better battery and more reliable. So far so good, I did put ADW back since I use some layout features I didn't want to do without.

I've thought about trying out other launchers. If you put ADW back, does that mean Deck's (via CM7) is using ... Launcher Pro? I believe that's the other prominent launcher?

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

If you install ADW, Deck's will use ADW. It's a launcher just like Launcher Pro or any other option. I regularly use the hidden dock bar in ADW as well as the 5 icons on the main dock, so it wasn't something I felt like giving up. Plus ADW or Launcher Pro won't bog down your system.

Options are good.

greytrey

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Am loving this ROM! Posted props for the Sense 3.0 EVOlved ROM because that was amazing but it did take up a LOT more memory than this one (obviously because of Sense) - still it ran well and I may go back at some point (flashed a copy)...but this is still a good candidate for a daily driver!! One question though, actually one question and one concern - concern: anyone else have issues with bluetooth pairings? Shows my earpiece as before, but will not connect...

question is: I did not know there was an LED on the RIGHT top side of the EVO??? But one flashes there now when I get a text...is this new???

thanks in advance...;)

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

I'm not big on flashing Kernels. I have tried a few of them out and typically ended up in a worse place than where I started. You have to read those Kernel threads very carefully to make sure you know what you are getting into. I just stick with the stock Kernels that come with the ROMs as I feel that the Devs know a lot more about that stuff than me!:p

You've noticed that too, huh? I thought it was just me who thought that.

PFCLand

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to get normal bar signals pic like on stock Rom were you have 6 bars and on here you have 3?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Is there any way to get normal bar signals pic like on stock Rom were you have 6 bars and on here you have 3?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g

I can make you some. Here is a quick one I just done.

stat_sys_ra_signal_0_cdma.png

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

Am loving this ROM! Posted props for the Sense 3.0 EVOlved ROM because that was amazing but it did take up a LOT more memory than this one (obviously because of Sense) - still it ran well and I may go back at some point (flashed a copy)...but this is still a good candidate for a daily driver!! One question though, actually one question and one concern - concern: anyone else have issues with bluetooth pairings? Shows my earpiece as before, but will not connect...

question is: I did not know there was an LED on the RIGHT top side of the EVO??? But one flashes there now when I get a text...is this new???

thanks in advance...;)

The other LED was originally for WiMax, but was never used. A few devs have taken advantage of it for other alerts. It's nice to see it being used.

jasonblanco

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

If you install ADW, Deck's will use ADW. It's a launcher just like Launcher Pro or any other option. I regularly use the hidden dock bar in ADW as well as the 5 icons on the main dock, so it wasn't something I felt like giving up. Plus ADW or Launcher Pro won't bog down your system.

Options are good.

Thanks for the response. I guess I'm really clueless on this - does Decks incorporate a third party launcher (I thought CM7 did), or is it simply what comes with AOSP?

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Deck's uses the stock AOSP launcher, CM7 integrates ADW with the system, but you can install it from the Market and get the same functionality. Only difference is where to access the settings menu, on CM7 it's in the global settings, when you install it from the Market you hit Menu -> More from your home screen to find it.

Reactions: jasonblanco

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha