[ROM]GB 2.3.4 gingerbread-evo-deck [1.0][2.3.3 Stable][1.2c][2.3.4 Beta]

tazman1963

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]GB 2.3.4 gingerbread-evo-deck [1.0][2.3.3 Stable][1.2c][

Has anyone else noticed 1.3b battery life ins't has good as some of the previous builds? It might be just me always being so anal about conserving battery or might be because this is only a beta. Anyway....thoughts?

I've noticed the battery life does seem to be slightly askew from the previous builds.....not much, but definitely noticeable! Other than that i find for a beta, decks builds are as solid as they come, i couldn't ask for a more reliable rom to be rockin' at this moment!:D

Reactions: tazman2163

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

Has anyone else noticed 1.3b battery life ins't has good as some of the previous builds? It might be just me always being so anal about conserving battery or might be because this is only a beta. Anyway....thoughts?

I running 1.3B with Tiamat's 4.06 kernel and battery life is the same as with 1.2.1. I am seeing no difference

tazman1963

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

I running 1.3B with Tiamat's 4.06 kernel and battery life is the same as with 1.2.1. I am seeing no difference

Got a question tube how does one decide to use another kernel from the one that comes with a rom.....ie. what do you look for in the variables??????:cool:

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

Got a question tube how does one decide to use another kernel from the one that comes with a rom.....ie. what do you look for in the variables??????:cool:

Tazman, you are asking the wrong person. LOL. I just tested this one and liked it. I got a tip from another EVO forum then tried it and had no issues. I know little about kernels and just read other people's experiences and then try it. If it works, I stick with it and don't change it too often.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

And for your downloading pleasure, 1.3b2 is now available. :D

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Just saw this but can't see the change log. Does anyone know what changes were made?? 1.2.1 was fine and I'm on 1.3b but now 1.3b2 is up. This rom is so good right now, I want to see what Deck has up his sleeve!

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

When I flashed kernels I would first see if the ROM I was using was compatible with the kernel. Sometimes devs mention what ROMs work well with it. Then I would see what users had to say about the kernel. In all honestly though, the best thing to do is try them out yourself. Sometimes kernels don't work well with your specific phone.

jasonblanco

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

Ahhhh, my first non-stock Evo ROM. This one sounded too good to pass up, given how few bugs this thread seems to report (unlike CM7). No major complaints thus far! Hoping I can get mine set up and running smoothly and the wife will want the same so I don't have to find another ROM for her.

jasonblanco

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

Have any of you guys been using overclock on the CPU with this ROM? I haven't tried, but I saw on the XDA thread a reference to needing to change kernels before you could use SetCPU, etc.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Have any of you guys been using overclock on the CPU with this ROM? I haven't tried, but I saw on the XDA thread a reference to needing to change kernels before you could use SetCPU, etc.

The in-house overclocking that cones built in works just fine. Phone runs like buuter when you speed it just a tad. The only time you would need to flash a different kernel in order to overclock is when the kernel has the preflock turned on....such the stock HTC kernel. The kernel that comes with this ROM of course already as all that nonsense turned off. :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

tazman1963

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
And oh what a rom it is. .......steady and ready, and with my 3500 extended battery I easily get 2 days out of a charge, and who doesn't love that?

Wassup camelguy? A true gentleman if ever there was one!

Sent from Looney Tunes Central!

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
And oh what a rom it is. .......steady and ready, and with my 3500 extended battery I easily get 2 days out of a charge, and who doesn't love that?

Wassup camelguy? A true gentleman if ever there was one!

Sent from Looney Tunes Central!

Dang man, 2 days...nice!! Not
a whole lot man, I've been spending a lot of time with a new last friend who really isn't in to this kind of stuff...so I've been trying to refrain when she's around. Idk what it is, but chilling with her I hardly ever mess with my phone. Which I have to say has been quite refreshing, not to mention my battery has been my best friend as of late. :p How about yourself Sir Tazman, how has life been treating you? :)

Sent from my evil hideout. MUWHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

jasonblanco

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

After a full day on Decks, my phone started lagging ridiculously last night. I still don't know what caused it, but I uninstalled a few apps I'd installed yesterday, and so far it's better today (fingers crossed).

I uninstalled:
- Google Voice Search
- AdFree Root
- YouTube
- File Expert

Anyone else had problems with any of these apps or run into infuriating lag with Decks?