ARCHIVED: [ROM+Kernel] ~*~ Bumblebee 2.4 ~*~ (6/25/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm a complete novice... That is why I'm asking here...i also tried a 2.2.1 mms.apk from cyanogmod. The modified stock mms.apk from Koush is really nice :)

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

If you're messing around with pulling the mms apk's from other roms trying to find the best one, you're really heading down the wrong road. You should check out GO SMS Pro, which is my sms/mms app of choice. It's free, the "Pro" bit means it has pro features, not that it's a paid version. None of the various rom mms apps will ever come close to it in terms of features, looks, functionality, whatever. It's just an amazing app, so customizable, themes with live backgrounds, automatic backup or SMS messages... well, too many features to list.

I use most of their apps: GO Launcher EX, GO Contacts, GO Dialer, and of course GO SMS Pro. Fantastic stuff.

sdmark

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I am currently using gosms.
Loving the ROM. Thanks! I'm not have the data dropping issues with this ROM, where it seems I have to do an airplane mode cycle every few hours with others. Maybe just a coincidence, I don't know

Last edited:

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi obijohn

I know mentioned using different keys for the 2.3 version of your rom, and I have no problem installing all of my apps except one, Laputa pro. Any ideas why?

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi obijohn

I know mentioned using different keys for the 2.3 version of your rom, and I have no problem installing all of my apps except one, Laputa pro. Any ideas why?

The thing the signing keys affected was updating the pre-installed system apps, like Google Search, Voice Search, KickBack, etc. These are now fixed and upgradable, whereas before there was a problem with the keys. But this should not (and cannot) have any effect on 3rd-party apps. Maybe something didn't get wiped cleanly or there's a problem with your backup?

liquidmass

Dec 29, 2010
optimusv.wikispaces.com
So I am noticing that when rebooting it will play the default notification sound instead of the sound I have set on my sdcatd. Is there any way to make the sdcard mount earlier when booting? Perhaps change the boot order?

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
So I am noticing that when rebooting it will play the default notification sound instead of the sound I have set on my sdcatd. Is there any way to make the sdcard mount earlier when booting? Perhaps change the boot order?

I have the same thing but it doesn't happen often. But I think the fastest fix for you is to move the sound file into the system folders. That way the sound is already there when it boots.

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

No, there really is no way to safely mount the sdcard earlier. Basically, the init startup system uses vold (the volume manage daemon) to mount the sdcard, vold requires that the system be (almost) finished booting before it is run. Using vold to mount the sdcard is important because on shutdown it cleanly unmounts everything that was mounted with vold. Technically, I could put in some code in init.rc to mount the sdcard at the same time other system partitions are mounted, however this would mean that it would not get cleanly unmounted at shutdown since it wouldn't be mounted with vold.

There are 2 solutions for you. One is to edit build.prop and change the default notification sounds there (they are listed at the bottom of the file). Use "adb pull /system/build.prop" to grab it. Then after editing, push it back with "adb remount" and "adb push build.prop /system/" . It will get overwritten when flashing or reflashing a rom update, so keep a copy on your computer.

Another is to make sure the default notification sound (which is specified under the phone's main Settings->Sound->Notification Ringtone window) is set to one of the pre-installed sounds, but for any app that uses notifications, set each one to a sound on your sdcard instead of using the default. I usually set each app to a different sound anyway, so I've never noticed it not using the sounds I set on boot. The two primary ones of course are Gmail and Messaging.

framirezferrer

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Help! I'm officialy freaked out. My phone has been locking up sporadically for the past couple of days. I'm not sure if it is related to the latest BB update or the fact that I've been playing around with different visual mods. I've wiped, reinstalled BB 2.3 and installed the non-OC kernel with the same results. Now I gone back to full stock to see if it still happens.

Did I damaged the hardware with all the flashing? :(

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Help! I'm officialy freaked out. My phone has been locking up sporadically for the past couple of days. I'm not sure if it is related to the latest BB update or the fact that I've been playing around with different visual mods. I've wiped, reinstalled BB 2.3 and installed the non-OC kernel with the same results. Now I gone back to full stock to see if it still happens.

Did I damaged the hardware with all the flashing? :(

It's pretty hard to actually damage the hardware with flashing. There could be a couple of causes. One could be your sdcard going bad. Another could be that, if you restored apps with Titanium Backup, you also maybe inadvertently restored SetCPU with some higher CPU value than your phone can handle. Another could be that you did a full restore with Titanium Backup, which restores system settings that may be incompatible with the rom. If your phone reboots on its own, that's a tell-tale sign of the CPU being overclocked too high, so I would lean towards that.

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Just download the app "Quick Boot (Reboot)" and place a shortcut on your home screen for which type of reboot you would like. It has several options.
I've noticed when using the Quick Boot (Reboot) app, shutdowns happen almost instantly. Whereas with the regular shutdown function, besides the confirmation prompt that appears, there is a "shutting down" message with rotating circle for a couple seconds before the phone actually shuts down.

The slightly quicker shutdown/reboot is nice, but was curious whether it's skimping on any shutdown processes (i.e. it's not actually doing a clean shutdown).

mase123987

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to say thanks for the ROM! I switched from cm7 because over time, it slows down way to much and has too many errors. This rom is quick and the battery life is much better.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
My android.process.acore became corrupt. It was eating CPU cycles. I am still using an older version. It became corrupt after a few weeks. I just reflashed the zip I had on hand. I am sure it's because I yanked the battery out. Unclean shutdowns could cause this too. I used the reboot quite abit before I had a lockup that required me to pull the battery.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
My android.process.acore became corrupt. It was eating CPU cycles. I am still using an older version. It became corrupt after a few weeks. I just reflashed the zip I had on hand. I am sure it's because I yanked the battery out. Unclean shutdowns could cause this too. I used the reboot quite abit before I had a lockup that required me to pull the battery.

I had the acore fc a lot too on the 2.3. I did a fresh reinstall of the newest build (wiped everything) and I don't get the acore fc anymore but my battery life is in the toilet. Not sure why but might try wiping and doing a fresh install again.

I download all my apps from the market again. I use tb to restore data for some programs but never to reinstall my programs as I have too many hit or miss issues with it.

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed when using the Quick Boot (Reboot) app, shutdowns happen almost instantly. Whereas with the regular shutdown function, besides the confirmation prompt that appears, there is a "shutting down" message with rotating circle for a couple seconds before the phone actually shuts down.

The slightly quicker shutdown/reboot is nice, but was curious whether it's skimping on any shutdown processes (i.e. it's not actually doing a clean shutdown).

Correct, using that app is like doing a battery pull. The system does not shut down cleanly, the sdcard is not unmounted, etc. Always use the power menu reboot option.

I've never seen this corruption you're talking about. What reboot method were you using, the quick reboot app or the reboot from the power menu? If you start getting acore force closes, post your logcat to pastebin and send me the link.

gimmi80

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
this is one of my first post, even if I've been checking out this thread for a while.
Yesterday I flashed the Bublebee on my optimus V following the instructions (complete wipe etc).
It's the first ROM I flash.
Everything worked fine, but I was under wifi and I did not check the 3g. This morning I came to work (no wifi, but only 3g) and I found out that the 3g is not working.
the icon shows up and the little arrow pointing up turns white but the one pointing down does not.
I can not connect to 3g.

I did the flash following the instruction, the only modification I did is:
After flashing the rom I downloaded all the apps from the market and than I installed titanium and made a backup
I uninstalled SSA (something from virgin).

This morning, when I realized that the 3G did not work, I thought it might have been related to the uninstall of SSA so I tried to put it back with titanium but nothing.

Any help?

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Correct, using that app is like doing a battery pull. The system does not shut down cleanly, the sdcard is not unmounted, etc. Always use the power menu reboot option.

I've never seen this corruption you're talking about. What reboot method were you using, the quick reboot app or the reboot from the power menu? If you start getting acore force closes, post your logcat to pastebin and send me the link.

I've gotten the acore corruption twice with two different roms. Most recently was BB although I am not sure what caused it. It fc to the point you HAVE to redo the rom because it pops up every 10 seconds. If, hoping it doesn't, happen to me again I'll get the logcat for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kazank