[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2][OS2SD/internal]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

Ok, looking into the available clocksource timers reveal that there are 2 dg_timer and gp_timer. The current clocksource in use with the kernel is dg_timer. Switching the timer is supposed to eliminate/fix timekeeping, so in theory switching to gp_timer should maybe get rid of clock lag. Doing this is beyond my ability, so maybe someone who actually knows what they are doing can give it a try.
To check available
$ cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/available_clocksource

Next, check the current clock source in use:

$ cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource

Finally, set the new clock source:

echo <new clock source selection> > /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource
To make this change persistent across system reboots, the following must be added to the kernel command line in /boot/grub/grub.conf:

clocksource=<clock source choice>

Last edited:

dradzanowski

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site

Anyone installing onto Optimus S have a really long first boot time? I've had it on the silver Android page loop for about an hour now.
It's fine if you just have a long first boot, but I want to know that there's a light at the end of this tunnel. Or, am I doing something wrong?
Process:
Wiped system, cache, data, installed a fresh download (finally got that problem fixed by downloading on another person's internet).

Toucan4267

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Is that the best launcher for this rom?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Trebuchet, the one that it comes with now, is probably "better," but adding rows was a nice feature of the old one. I got it working now, I'll see if I can find a way to post it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Toucan4267

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Ok, looking into the available clocksource timers reveal that there are 2 dg_timer and gp_timer. The current clocksource in use with the kernel is dg_timer. Switching the timer is supposed to eliminate/fix timekeeping, so in theory switching to gp_timer should maybe get rid of clock lag. Doing this is beyond my ability, so maybe someone who actually knows what they are doing can give it a try.
To check available
$ cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/available_clocksource

Next, check the current clock source in use:

$ cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource

Finally, set the new clock source:

echo <new clock source selection> > /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource
To make this change persistent across system reboots, the following must be added to the kernel command line in /boot/grub/grub.conf:

clocksource=<clock source choice>

I'm a novice, but that looks like something other than Android. Linux ubuntu maybe? Should be similar tho.

Toucan4267

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Anyone installing onto Optimus S have a really long first boot time? I've had it on the silver Android page loop for about an hour now.
It's fine if you just have a long first boot, but I want to know that there's a light at the end of this tunnel. Or, am I doing something wrong?
Process:
Wiped system, cache, data, installed a fresh download (finally got that problem fixed by downloading on another person's internet).

It shouldn't take that long, and shouldn't even have the silver android loop. Should be the blue cyanogenmod loop. Something's not right.

You did download the internal build, right? The OS2SD one won't work unless you're partitioned things correctly.

dradzanowski

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site

Figured it out, wasn't mounting system before loading the zip.
Now I'm having issues getting service. Thinking I'll need to download a fresh copy of sprint fix

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

I'm a novice, but that looks like something other than Android. Linux ubuntu maybe? Should be similar tho.

Very much novice here also, I actually typed the commands in terminal emulator and it responded with the above mentioned clock sources. From what I understand you need Ubuntu 12.04 to build kernels For Android. I read a tutorial that is on the XDA site but way over my head not for Noobs like me.

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

Installing the SprintFix-CM11.zip failed with "set_perm" problems on an Optimus S. Any idea what I may have done wrong? Also, tried installing it with system and data mounted.

EDIT: Retried after wiping and reinstalling ROM, then fix (before G-apps).
Exact log:
"set_perm: some changes failed"
"E:Error executing updater binary"
"Error flashing zip '/sdcard/Spri"
"Updating partition details..."

EDIT2: Here are my md5sums:
2a32441003a627330593b25bacc0f215 cm-11-20140314-internal-thunderc-....zip
72a850f3a634e512458c86787fc808fe sprintfixcm-11.zip
fa0d40a59c0afe09db8cc089b8d869c9 skinny_4.4_gapps.zip

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

i need the kernel and sprint fix for the optimus s. is there a way to retreive those to install onto the optimus s

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

i need the kernel and sprint fix for the optimus s. is there a way to retreive those to install onto the optimus s
Here is the Kernel http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...android_kernel_lge_msm7x27-3-0-x-3-0-8-a.html.
There should be links to the sprint fix on the first page of this thread
Edit: the kernel is already included in the ROM, not sure if this kernel would work on CM7( if that was your intent) based ROM's without possibly breaking something or lacking functionality so make a Nandroid first.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Edit: the kernel is already included in the ROM, not sure if this kernel would work on CM7( if that was your intent) based ROM's without possibly breaking something or lacking functionality so make a Nandroid first.
Yes, it breaks everything USB on cm9 on down.
the sprint fix will only work on this rom, any other should have its own.

dradzanowski

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site

Is it possible I need a ZVJ patch? I'm on a ZVJ radio. In other words is this a "zvd" rom? I've tried the Sprint fix with system and data mounted, with everything mounted. Nothing is getting through. Tried before and after Skinny Gapps too.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Is it possible I need a ZVJ patch? I'm on a ZVJ radio. In other words is this a "zvd" rom? I've tried the Sprint fix with system and data mounted, with everything mounted. Nothing is getting through. Tried before and after Skinny Gapps too.
In the original cm11 ROM both zvh and cvj radios did require a patch, so you may be correct in needing one.

Here is the patch http://www.mediafire.com/?5pih91sfswt3gca

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Formatting IS wiping.

Reboot phone into Android after installing the ROM.

/system and /data should be mounted before installing the ROM and gapps.

When I put in a ROM from scratch, I not only wipe /system and /data, but also /boot, /cache, /sdext, /sdcard/.android_secure and dalvik cache. Squid should mention this in the OP. Cleaning out those directories virtually eliminates some of the problems you're describing.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174