Rom Manager not Backing Up Correctly

zim1985

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
So I'm looking to install CM 7.0.3 while running 7.0.2 right now. A couple days ago my Rom Manager started not being able to do its backups. It gets stuck at the the android.secure backup as shown in the picture below. (I took the picture with my camera since I couldn't do a screenshot. I hope it's high enough quality).

DSC00418.jpg

I've run this backup at least 10 times now and every time it doesn't make it through. The first couple times I ran it, I did in quick mode where it doesn't show the status bar, but soon I switched back to the slower mode to see where it gets stuck or something. I wanted to make sure my phone wasn't just freezing or something. Turns out it gets stuck on that exact file every time (as shown in the picture above). I tried wiping my data and using Titanium Backup to reinstall everything but that didn't work at all.

Any suggestions? The only way I've been able to reboot my phone is taking out the battery and rebooting into recovery. This is posing quite a problem for updating. I know I can just update and shouldn't have to worry about it, but I like to have a backup in case something goes wrong. That's understandable, right? Someone please help me. I'm out of ideas. :/

EDIT: Turns out that the file was from a game...I guess I'll try uninstalling that game and deleting all the files related to it on my phone and see if that helps? Post back with results.
EDIT: Uninstalled the game, got stuck at another file. Uninstalled that app, got stuck on another file. Those two apps I had installed after the last backup I had done, but the last one it got stuck on was there prior to said backup. I have no idea what's going on.

zim1985

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Tried an older version of cwm and it worked. Installed the new cm and then wanted to try MIUI. I restored back to my cm backup and now some of my apps are missing. Help?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac