Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]MIUI 2.3.7 Release4 4.14.2012 ZVD

working awesome so far thanks!

few things to report:
system/device settings crashes
program/browser crashes
the voice button above the camera button acts as another power button...cool haha

Camera keeps crashing but video works :-\

i dont know what's going on but I would like to get rid of the chinese search pop up when i click the search hard button. is it possible to set it back to google search?

edit: hmm nvm i just straight up deleted sidekick and installed google search and that took care of it...hope it didnt break anything!

is it not possible to update prl through miui? my signal looks to be a little weak.
i saw on post 72 that it was stated we should try going to reborn to do it and then reflash miui if there were any data problems...if you don't mind enlightening me on the subject: i just assumed "prl" and "profile" were things that would be cleared when flashing roms and wiping system/cache and stuff

Settings crash is a known issues stated in the OP. Most might stay that way since this is a port and most cm7 settings don't exist but they show up in the options.
Browser is working fine on mine. Use an alternate browser instead if its force closing on you.
reason I didn't delete sidekick is because long pressing search button and swiping left brings up a task killer.
Thanks for pointing out the camera crash, I didn't check it. I'll include the previous version next time or just attach it to the OP, so you could push it to apps using root explorer.

Regarding PRL and PROFILE update, flashing a custom ROM doesn't change your PRL or Radio and to update it you should be on stock or stock based ROM. Reborn works since its for ZVD (which you are on currently).

Reactions: itony

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

So I wiped the stuff according to the instructions and installed the ROM with theKraven's gapps with VVM fix but my phone can't get pass the boot screen. It's stuck at the MIUI android screen. Any ideas? I've flashed CM7 numerous times and I'm on ZVD so I don't really think I messed up anything. Not sure why it can't boot...

How long did you wait on MIUI boot screen, coz it took pretty long for me the first time. That being said, I'm thinking that the ROM is kinda heavy for our phone. I'm may remove booranimation and most of the media like ringtones,alarms, etc for the next version.

And you could logcat too, that way we can see why it's really not going beyond MIUI boot animation.

itony

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Settings crash is a known issues stated in the OP. Most might stay that way since this is a port and most cm7 settings don't exist but they show up in the options.
Browser is working fine on mine. Use an alternate browser instead if its force closing on you.
reason I didn't delete sidekick is because long pressing search button and swiping left brings up a task killer.
Thanks for pointing out the camera crash, I didn't check it. I'll include the previous version next time or just attach it to the OP, so you could push it to apps using root explorer.

Regarding PRL and PROFILE update, flashing a custom ROM doesn't change your PRL or Radio and to update it you should be on stock or stock based ROM. Reborn works since its for ZVD (which you are on currently).

thanks and I was just letting you know. not a big problem on my end about the settings. and the browser itself is working perfect, i meant the setting under programs then browser.

thanks x2 for the education lesson about prl

edit: also if anyone could check:the miui gallery is giving me problems. it starts up fine but then i go into my camera pictures folder try to scroll down to see the older ones (i have about 70 pics) and it will always freeze

In the mean time, I tried placing the apk posted below in system/apps,set permissions and rebooting but the camera doesn't pop up. Any ideas?
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...3-7-release4-4-14-2012-zvd-3.html#post1689222

So I wiped the stuff according to the instructions and installed the ROM with theKraven's gapps with VVM fix but my phone can't get pass the boot screen. It's stuck at the MIUI android screen. Any ideas? I've flashed CM7 numerous times and I'm on ZVD so I don't really think I messed up anything. Not sure why it can't boot...

may not be of much help but that happened to me also. I pulled out the battery, went into recovery, wiped cache only and then flashed the rom and gapps.booted straight up for me

Last edited:

wanabee

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site

only problem I found on -V4- is when connecting to computer (usb storage) phone will reboot, will not connect... went back to -V3- all is well

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

How long did you wait on MIUI boot screen, coz it took pretty long for me the first time. That being said, I'm thinking that the ROM is kinda heavy for our phone. I'm may remove booranimation and most of the media like ringtones,alarms, etc for the next version.

And you could logcat too, that way we can see why it's really not going beyond MIUI boot animation.

I waited for about 20min... Then I wiped everything and flashed again and it still wouldn't boot. Then I reflashed the ROM and Gapps without wiping stuff and it booted successfully! Thanks!

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

one more question. my data folder doesn't have "system" and the create button is greyed out. How can I apply the theme? Thanks!

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

one more question. my data folder doesn't have "system" and the create button is greyed out. How can I apply the theme? Thanks!

Data folder SHOULD have system in it. No way it won't be there. And to create new folder you need to mount system as R/W by tapping a button on top right. did you install root explorer? are you looking in the right data folder? And remember while applying theme, DONOT select lockscreen.

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Data folder SHOULD have system in it. No way it won't be there. And to create new folder you need to mount system as R/W by tapping a button on top right. did you install root explorer? are you looking in the right data folder? And remember while applying theme, DONOT select lockscreen.

I've tried different file managers and I'm looking at /data, not /sdcard/data. And it says "directory is empty"

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Mine's completely empty. Anyone knows why? lol
BTW, why does my status bar look different?

I have no idea why it's empty. May be someone more knowledgeable can answer unless you want to re-flash and check :D And if you are comparing status bar to mine, I applied a theme so it'll be different.

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

I have no idea why it's empty. May be someone more knowledgeable can answer unless you want to re-flash and check :D And if you are comparing status bar to mine, I applied a theme so it'll be different.

OK that explains it since I haven't been able to change the theme yet lol

wanabee

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site

it happens to me on any version if I move an app to the SD card. Once o move it back to the phone the SD will mount

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

that's what it was, moved a couple of the little bugga's back into phone from sd card and viola!!

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

so I re-flashed and it won't boot again... don't know why though. guess I have to flash again without wiping

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

so it's still empty... which file manager are you using? the paid version? I've tried the free versions and they all show the folder as empty. Some post in xda said ES file explorer will work but it wouldn't even show the data folder. It could only view folders in sdcard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali