[ROM] Not fully Official CM7 for Thunderbolt. 7.1.1 Updated 10-2

neoterixx64

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][LINK] CM7 for Thunderbolt. RC1.8 Updated 9-28

Does CM7 still suffer from GPS lock problems without having to load a sense rom and then flash back to cm7?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Google news/weather still thinks I'm in blountsville (atlanta or indiana) when I'm in California. But google maps and nav works fine

I've seen Google Maps work when the Weather location has me in China... but not Navigation. Did you turn on GPS and then start Navigation and then actually select a location to go to... and Navigation locked onto your location and gave you voice turn-by-turn directions???

It's been a while since I've been on CM7... but at least when I had a good GPS lock I've had good location for my weather... and I currently have not seen this weather issue pop up on my device since I installed the new update yesterday... but it usually takes a few days... so I guess I'll just wait and see.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Does CM7 still suffer from GPS lock problems without having to load a sense rom and then flash back to cm7?

I don't believe it was only CM7... it's all AOSP ROMs... but I don't flash any AOSP ROM without having a good lock in Navigation before starting... that way you never have to flash a Sense ROM and then go back to CM7.

ryan1972

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

I just had to do a battery pull on my Bolt! It completely stopped responding, the screen went all weird and then turned off. It seems fine after the battery pull and just received a call, which was fine.
Anyone else seeing anything odd like this?

Jeenyus

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I've seen Google Maps work when the Weather location has me in China... but not Navigation. Did you turn on GPS and then start Navigation and then actually select a location to go to... and Navigation locked onto your location and gave you voice turn-by-turn directions???

It's been a while since I've been on CM7... but at least when I had a good GPS lock I've had good location for my weather... and I currently have not seen this weather issue pop up on my device since I installed the new update yesterday... but it usually takes a few days... so I guess I'll just wait and see.

Yea I have. I used it to find me rubios for dollar fish taco on Tues and it worked great. Thanks for updating

bman123

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I just flashed this and did not like it at all, I guess I'm a sense guy oh well I tried

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I just flashed this and did not like it at all, I guess I'm a sense guy oh well I tried

Most people coming from the Stock ROM usually prefer Sense ROMs... and since Sense ROMs do not require a GAPPS file to be flashed to get their Google Apps it's much easier on the users. Then after time and more experience... comparing the size of most Sense ROMs being over 350MB to something like CM7 which is only approx 90MB.

Reactions: Alma

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
If you like using Imoseyon's leankernel, be sure to upgrade to v3.7.1, which has been updated to work with RC 1.8.

I loaded up leankernel v3.7 with RC 1.8 and my phone hung at the boot screen. That motivated me to do a little searching and found that an updated leankernel was available for RC 1.8.

Sent using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jux

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site

Anyone else have an issue where you're constantly dropping a data connection? My phone indicates I have 4g/3g but it's grayed out signifying it's not connected. At this point it's all that's holding back from using this ROM full time.

pimfram

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

I had that at first, but the issue ironed itself out.

Gonna give some kernels a shot this weekend, is leankernel still recommended?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Anyone else have an issue where you're constantly dropping a data connection? My phone indicates I have 4g/3g but it's grayed out signifying it's not connected. At this point it's all that's holding back from using this ROM full time.

What Radio are you using??? I've seen no issues the 2.11.605.3 radio's.

Atomic_Monkey

Android monkey
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

I used sense for 4 months and felt the same way...until I learned how to customize the launcher settings and use a theme on the launcher and the rom as well. The keyboard is something you will want to customize too as I find the android one WAY too small and not enough long press options...I found a themed HTC one by gimpsta but it wont work on 1.8

Atomic_Monkey

Android monkey
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

Anyone else lose ability of their HTC keyboard on this version? I had sideloaded a themed version that worked on 1.6 & 1.7 Wondering if it is just me or its no longer compatible....

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I had that at first, but the issue ironed itself out.

Gonna give some kernels a shot this weekend, is leankernel still recommended?

I like running leankernel as my TBolt can runs fine on the extremely undervolted setting. Be sure to download v3.7.1 as the prior version does not work with RC 1.8.

Sent using Tapatalk

Jeenyus

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Market doesn't let me download apps, but Amazon Appstore still works.

Info: CM7 RC1.8, Imosen lean kernel 3.7.1, newest radios from RUU

Things I've tried: restaring, clear cache, battery pull

Last edited:

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Market doesn't let me download apps, but Amazon Appstore still works.

Info: CM7 RC1.8, Imosen lean kernel 3.7.1, newest radios from RUU

Things I've tried: restaring, clear cache, battery pull

Try wiping data, cache and Dalvik cache... then boot up, log into your Gmail account, then start the Market app... I assume you loaded the GAPPS file already if you have the Market app... do this before anything else.