ARCHIVED: [ROM] Reborn ROM v2.2.4 - 7/24/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngmanis

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey, Nick. Just wanted to say great job with the update - one question though; in v2.2.1 did you reduce the clock speed from 768 MHz to 748 MHz? I recall in the previous version of your rom the base clock speed was at 768 MHz. Sorry if this has been mentioned already I was just making sure that you noticed.

Again thanks for all the hard work!
-Seth

ngmanis

May 26, 2011
Visit site
hows the new version? and can we install right over old?

v2.2.1 is great. Just as smooth if not smoother than previous version. Also, yes you can install right over old rom.

Just do a backup, download v2.2.1 and place on root of sdcard then boot into custom recovery, wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache...then install v2.2.1!

best of luck!

Reactions: omarnova

generosity

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
v2.2.1 is great. Just as smooth if not smoother than previous version. Also, yes you can install right over old rom.

Just do a backup, download v2.2.1 and place on root of sdcard then boot into custom recovery, wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache...then install v2.2.1!

best of luck!

I think omarnova meant can you install without wiping data. And the answer is still yes, but if you have issues, a clean install (wiping data) will be the first suggestion.

Thabyrdman

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey, Nick. Just wanted to say great job with the update - one question though; in v2.2.1 did you reduce the clock speed from 768 MHz to 748 MHz? I recall in the previous version of your rom the base clock speed was at 768 MHz. Sorry if this has been mentioned already I was just making sure that you noticed.

Again thanks for all the hard work!
-Seth

Actually 2.1 was overclocked to 748mhz not 768mhz.

Sent From My Super Awesome, Over The Top Optimus S.........Tapatalk......

johnthehillbilly

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Solved now - I rebooted but it wasn't the first time I had done so. Even so, I'll take the dunce hat for now.

Did rebooting solve the issue?........ i'm having the same issue with both 2.2 and 2.2.1 mine has not corrected yet.....maybe i'm not holding my tongue in the right position hehehe... otherwise its an outstanding ROM!!!

K4IKEN

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
If I were to flash the stock froyo theme, how much of a hit would battery performance take? I remember Nick saying that some of the old themes weren't optimized yet or something like that..

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I flashed 2.2.1 twice just to see how it would work.
First time I did all the wipes of data and caches & then flashed worked no problems but then would have to reinstall all apps.
Then I did a nandroid restore of my 2.1 and then flashed 2.2.1 over that work with no problems and all data & apps are already installed.
And works like a charm!

sent from my Reborn Optimus

karkelkay

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone gotten those 9016 messages from the voicemail everytime they receive voicemail? I keep getting them. I know in the change log it was mentioned you get them with a fresh flash, but I keep getting them.

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Anytime I have changed the name of a backup it never works. Thats been since day 1 of having a rooted optimus s .

sent from my FANBOI EVO 4G !

I have all 70 or 80 of my nands renamed....never had an issue restoring any of them. Keep it simple, like.......scottpilgram_0428_0601.....so I know what build and what day I made changes :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Im from Muskegon.....Go to Detroit everyday for work...

Sent From My Super Awesome, Over The Top Optimus S.........Tapatalk......

You drive everyday from muskegon to the D ??? Geez man! You must be on the road for a third of the day!
Love the west coast....try to get to your area at least once every 2 years....grab a cabin, go to the beach and hit Michigan's Adventure.....:)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Thabyrdman

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Read the changelog.

Well I was able to move the swype apk. this morning for data/app folder to system/app folder. Thekraven updated his zips to reflect data/app folder change so i wipe everything and reflashed, I like to start fresh. Well for some reason his zip are removing swype off the rom. Its still in the data/app folder but not showing up as a optional keyboard when i try to reinstall it there it say it failed. so I wipe everything and flashed again to get swype back. I was just going to use his old zips and manually move the swype apk. the data/app folder to system/data folder well now root explorer is saying system/app folder is read-ony and wont let me move it there...What did I do wrong or change to make it do this??? Thank you for your time and dedication to put out an outstanding rom.....

Sorry so long but i like to be detailed......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kooglmebtch08