[ROM]TeamVenum-Wicked Sensation JellyBean V 3.0 [MB1] ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirtronics

May 30, 2011
Visit site
When you do a factory reset you always have to restore your Google accounts. This is on every ROM. If you don't want to do this, go back to stock and stop flashing ROMs and wiping data.

The whole point of a factory reset is wiping the old and starting fresh. Titanium will backup your app and app data but it's better to restore the app only. As it's normally dirty data that causes issues.

A nandriod is used to restore the complete system and while you can use it to restore data only and it will restore your accounts and all, it isn't recommended as the makes the factory reset completely pointless.

Again if you can't handle setting up your phone, you shouldn't be flashing ROMs.

I understand that and I restore my google account, only restore apps NOT data with Titanuim, only use nandriod if I missed something and have to go back to old rom. BUT I use email do I have to set those up everytime I flash?
thanks

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I understand that and I restore my google account, only restore apps NOT data with Titanuim, only use nandriod if I missed something and have to go back to old rom. BUT I use email do I have to set those up everytime I flash?
thanks

Yes you do unless you backed up the email app in titanium and have the PRO version. You have to have the paid version to backup app data with titanium.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Most email services, though, once you recreate the account on your phone, will automatically resync all the email data. Unless you have a dozen different email accounts, setting them up again doesn't seem like that big a problem.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I do have Pro, as stated, a few posts ago, but I do not know how to get the accounts to backup...

As far as I know, You can not backup accounts with Titanium. ONLY APPS and APP Data. Why are you doing the backup to xml file? perhaps that is the reason. I never change anything from the default settings except for the location to save my backups. perhaps that is your problem. I don't have the answer as it is (IMO) kind of silly to save account. I find it pretty easy to type in my username and password one time.

Perhaps this guide will help you with titanium backup.

Guide on Titanium Backup

sirtronics

May 30, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, You can not backup accounts with Titanium. ONLY APPS and APP Data. Why are you doing the backup to xml file? perhaps that is the reason. I never change anything from the default settings except for the location to save my backups. perhaps that is your problem. I don't have the answer as it is (IMO) kind of silly to save account. I find it pretty easy to type in my username and password one time.

Perhaps this guide will help you with titanium backup.

Guide on Titanium Backup

I only do the XLM for the messages.
and do a regular backup of my apps with Titanium Pro.
I use the email program that comes with the rom and I have like 6 email accounts, so it is a pain in the **** to type in all the information for them and I was looking to see it I missed anything on backing them up.
thanks for the link!

dazednconfused1144

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Wow, we are still on email accounts....lol. v3.1 is up and running. The people that were having problems with some blue text, should be fixed in new version. Hope you all enjoy.

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Wow, we are still on email accounts....lol. v3.1 is up and running. The people that were having problems with some blue text, should be fixed in new version. Hope you all enjoy.

I will update the links either tonight or tomorrow depending on when I get home tonight. Easter with mom and dad right now...

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Just installed the new version. I'm still having that issue with the go sms pro app, but I'm now using the stock messenger. No biggie. I was having blue text issues with an app called evernote, that issue is now gone. The *new* button doesn't crash the updater anymore. That's a plus. So I notice all the different modems. Is 1 better than the other? Should I be using a specific one? LJ7? MB1? MA6?.
I'm now down to under 10 minutes to completely restore my phone after factory resting. I'm close to Skunks 5 minute time! lol

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Just installed the new version. I'm still having that issue with the go sms pro app, but I'm now using the stock messenger. No biggie. I was having blue text issues with an app called evernote, that issue is now gone. The *new* button doesn't crash the updater anymore. That's a plus. So I notice all the different modems. Is 1 better than the other? Should I be using a specific one? LJ7? MB1? MA6?.
I'm now down to under 10 minutes to completely restore my phone after factory resting. I'm close to Skunks 5 minute time! lol

LJ7 was the 1st of the 3, MA6 was the next, with an overheating issue for some phones, MB1 is the most current. I personally haven't seen much of difference in the 3, but I probably don't push my phone like some do.

Sent from my GS3 running Wicked Sensations...

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
And I don't have a "gallery" Icon in the app drawer. I have a shortcut to it on my home screen ( from a backup of go launcher), but ill be dammed if I can find it in the app drawer. I'm alphabetized, and it goes from Facebook, to Gmail.
No Gallery

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Nice Dazed! After a 17 hour shift I couldn't wait to get home and flash this. I flashed TWRP 2.3.1 in addition to the ROM because both TWRP 2.4.4 and 2.3.1 were not auto flashing with the last WS version; and you recommended the latter TWRP version. 2.3.1 worked great so I decided I would give 2.4.4 a whirl because it worked for me on WS v2.1 and I was curious to see what would happen. Works like a charm! Of course it is quite easy to flash manually, but any added convenience is always a bonus! I've messed around with quite a few ROMs, but I can never keep them for over a day or so. I love this ROM!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
don't see no link for 3.1

Like I said on the previous page...

I will update the links either tonight or tomorrow depending on when I get home tonight. Easter with mom and dad right now...

I didn't get home until late so they will be posted tonight.

Or you can be productive and follow the link in the OP to his thread on xda and not have to wait on me.

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
nothing on previous page. Skunk!

Lol... Did you see my quote I made of what was said on the previous page? I said the link would be posted tonight or you can follow the link in the OP (the very 1st line in the OP) to his xda thread if you don't feel like waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.