[ROM] TrulyEpic Rebirth v1.5 AC - no planned EB13 update :'(

phynn

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
TER 1.5 and EC05 (no planned EB13 update)

I'm fairly new to all this and after hearing TER what not be updated to EB13 I went in search of other ROMs that had this (and EC05) version. And while there are a lot of good ROMs out there I found myself still favoring TER 1.5. After doing some searching I found the EC05 Modem files at:

ec05modem.tar

and installed them on TER 1.5. Everything seems to be working fine and my Baseband version now shows S:D700.0.5S.EC05.

Two questions, does the Baseband version refer to the modem only, meaning my update did more then just change the version number and I'm running the most recent version on TER 1.5? Second, has anyone else tried this, and if so have you encountered any errors?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
There were some people that posted in this thread that did the same thing with EB13 and it worked for them. You basically have the EC05 modem with system files from DK28. DK28, EB13 and EC05 are all Froyo (just different builds) so that's why it's working.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
danielnabors said:
i am currently runing the truely epic rebirth 1.5, andd i have been having a problem with my phone randomly rebooting or just turning off... i didnt have this problem in 1.2...

You might want to try the Clean Install version of 1.5 - the auto backup/restore or restoring with apps like Titanium Backup can sometimes cause problems.

TexasEpic4G

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Curiosity Question = is there even a smigen of a chance that you will ever consider upgrading this ROM to EC05 or even ED12 ? This really is a cool and stable ROM.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If I had the time to correctly build and maintain it I would, but that's just not possible for me atm unfortunately. But do check out the current Android Central ROM - ACE ROM. It is very stable and has some really nice features. Paul627g has done a great job with it.

Reactions: TexasEpic4G

TexasEpic4G

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
If I had the time to correctly build and maintain it I would, but that's just not possible for me atm unfortunately. But do check out the current Android Central ROM - ACE ROM. It is very stable and has some really nice features. Paul627g has done a great job with it.
I am using ACE 2.0 - it works really great and it is very similar to TER but I guess I will always have a soft spot for TER because it was the first ROM I ever used and up until ACE it was still the best of all the others out there ( I liked it better than Bonsai and SRF )

TexasEpic4G

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
ragnarokx - is there a way to get the wallpapers outta the Add-On/Downloads , specifically the guitar one , when I open those I don't find wallpapers , I must be looking in wrong spot
***Nevermind - I got them outta the actual ROM zip file = I was looking in the wrong place , THX***
***Update to that update - the Guitar one ain't in there - I struck out on that...LOL***

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
ragnarokx - is there a way to get the wallpapers outta the Add-On/Downloads , specifically the guitar one , when I open those I don't find wallpapers , I must be looking in wrong spot
***Nevermind - I got them outta the actual ROM zip file = I was looking in the wrong place , THX***
***Update to that update - the Guitar one ain't in there - I struck out on that...LOL***

The guitar wallpaper is inside the AM Launcher. I will pull that for you later tonight/tomorrow AM if you don't mind waiting.... Kinda fun I gotta go digging in the master backup drive with all the goodies....

Reactions: TexasEpic4G

abanoub14

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hypothetically it should work, but I've never tried it. EC05 kernels are fine if that's what you're on.

It works I'm using it to type this right now but the gps doesn't work but ill try to find a solution. And I got genocide kernel to work but so the rom could flash I had to wipe data 3x. Thanks anyways

rogodeter

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I read a post in this thread a while back about somebody with rotation that was working but was very slow, like 2-3 seconds. That is happening to me, as I just now upgraded from TER 1.2 to TER 1.5... Anyhow, the calibsensorutil_yamaha didn't make a change (it was already working and it did not speed it up)..

Can somebody save me the effort of searching 280 pages?

Thanks in advance

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buyonbudget