[ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I did this exactly. Still no play store. Idk what I'm doing wrong. Its very frustrating.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

It might be your recovery. Try changing recovery...I flashed my successfully using TWRP 2.2.1:D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

SickySticky

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
just thought idmy in put my 2cents in

this rom rocks better than bobz cm9, theres more love in it
he mms dosent work, at least with wifi n data turned off. the usual memory space problem, however the dps
works well without crashing. and of course the camera display is cracked out, takes pic good, but bobs cm7 gave me
better resolution in the pic. camcorder, n panorama is no good.
applying themes fC system ui, the sms option to use dark theme dosent work, wifi dosent stay on when the device is locked for long periods of time, or data for that matter.
there are lags all over and there is no reason to over clock due to crashes,.

im almost tempted to decompile the rom n touch it up, but like bob, there isnt enought time in the day to accomplish this..
i wish there were a group dedicated devs source to colaberate with each other to hammer this down and make it solid.

aside from the shortcomings this rom is almost enough to compete with the past roms put out by bob.

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any problems flashing this with COT. My problem is that it fills /system so there's no room for gapps.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's me...but is this update causing excessive battery drain in the first hour and a half or so? I put a fresh battery in my V at 6:47 pm and it went from, 100-89 in just 90 mins. Now its at 86 at 9:22 pm CT. It is virtually the same setup I had as far as sync, Twitter, SMS, screen, everything I had on CM7.2 Mirage...I didn't remember it draining that fast on the previous build and definitely not on BobZ CM9.1...

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's me...but is this update causing excessive battery drain in the first hour and a half or so? I put a fresh battery in my V at 6:47 pm and it went from, 100-89 in just 90 mins. Now its at 86 at 9:22 pm CT. It is virtually the same setup I had as far as sync, Twitter, SMS, screen, everything I had on CM7.2 Mirage...I didn't remember it draining that fast on the previous build and definitely not on BobZ CM9.1...

Not just you. Give it a few days, it gets better.

Repensum Est Canicula

anon(793715)

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having notifications not showing up in the status bar? Stock messaging, GNow notifications not showing, GoSMS, email and Gmail are all showing up.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

Nope. Today I went from 100-98 in 10 hours. I only used it once though in that time.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen much discussion of the mic since the update. Is it working? I tried the old school voice search from the play store and it won't even try to listen. I haven't had a chance to fool around with it. Has anyone get the mic to work with other apps?

Also thanks for the update Bob! I look forward to more next year, or whenever they come. I am so happy to know that you're still on it, and that someday we'll have a fully functional jb rom for the the ov. I have complete faith it will be done because of all of the awesomeness you've brought to this rom so far!

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
What's a rom with no mic. I don't get it. Sorry its just frustrating I've tried to fix it my self

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
What's a rom with no mic. I don't get it. Sorry its just frustrating I've tried to fix it my self

Voice search is not that popular of a feature. I'd honestly wish users would stop saying the "mic doesn't work", because that implies that it does not work for calls, which it does. It is just not accessible by voice search, and possibly other applications (as far as I know...I don't use my V any longer, so I'm not sure what the current status is.)

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

People have commented in the past about dragon dictation and a few other apps. Let me be clear, calls work. The microphone works fine for calls. You can definitely make calls with this rom. I am only saying that the mic does not seem to with certain apps. It works for calls. Se trabaja para llenos. :p

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
It's a lil off-topic, but considering we have the same specs (sans physical keyboard), I feel so much better that Bob may have made the best CM10 ever for a phone of similar specs...

Link!

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Voice search is popular, I use it everyday, the only thing holding it back is that it sucks lol. Google needs better voice recognition. It sucks losing to fruit lol

come to the dark side

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Voice search is not that popular of a feature. I'd honestly wish users would stop saying the "mic doesn't work", because that implies that it does not work for calls, which it does. It is just not accessible by voice search, and possibly other applications (as far as I know...I don't use my V any longer, so I'm not sure what the current status is.)

Well let me let u in on something my ov has been with me since oct 2011 I use it daily its my One and Only and the mic doesn't WORK BRO. not for anything!!! Sound hound groove IP and last and least voice Search.

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
People have commented in the past about dragon dictation and a few other apps. Let me be clear, calls work. The microphone works fine for calls. You can definitely make calls with this rom. I am only saying that the mic does not seem to with certain apps. It works for calls. Se trabaja para llenos. :p

I use calls with groove IP and it doesn't work

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
With a screen so small it makes hitting just one key on the virtual keyboard hard. Voice should really be the main input on this handset.

come to the dark side

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
If it's that important to you, then you can use build 08312012. voice search using the work around works for that build. or you can go to BobZs CM9

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
If it's that important to you, then you can use build 08312012. voice search using the work around works for that build. or you can go to BobZs CM9

I've been thinking about that release. Does any one think it would be possible to transplant some file, libs, or drivers from that zip to the current release to fix the mic for apps? I would just use that release, but there have been some good fixes since then, like proximity sensor etc.

Please don't suggest a dirty flash.

Last edited:

chucklay

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

How exactly would one go about using that workaround, I haven't heard of it. Unless I missed something obvious, which is completely possible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markp84103