ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP] Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread) - 8/19/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

desean93

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP] Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread) - 7/15/2011

Ok so I don't know how problem was fixed..... all I did was reboot with head phones in the port.. and now I can hear..... don't know if it will work for yu but yu should try...

nycderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

This is my first custom rom after being rooted. Everything works great except the bluetooth phone calls like other people are having problem with. I am still very happy and satisfied with all the other working features and not to mention the amount of free space I have now. THANKS A MILLION!

anon(386779)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure if there is a known issue or if there is a setting I don't know how to fix but my MMS is completely not functional. When I try to send my phone gets stuck in "sending" mode unless I delete the message and if someone tries to send me a MMS they get an error code response.

Other than that, this is a great ROM (although the first ROM since I've rooted).

m4f1050

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure if there is a known issue or if there is a setting I don't know how to fix but my MMS is completely not functional. When I try to send my phone gets stuck in "sending" mode unless I delete the message and if someone tries to send me a MMS they get an error code response.

Other than that, this is a great ROM (although the first ROM since I've rooted).

This has been answered before. You can use GO SMS Pro (free from market) and edit the APN settings. Explanation is posted a few pages back, click on page 78. I haven't tried this myself, but you can also try running VOICE DIALER, speak to the phone "OPEN A, P, N" pausing between APN and open the APN and edit it's content. Let us know if that works.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

Or you can flash the original build and then without wiping anything flash the second build...

watson387

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

I just installed this on my phone last night and am loving it. I use Go SMS anyway so I didn't even notice the messaging problem. lol

anon(386779)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

This has been answered before. You can use GO SMS Pro (free from market) and edit the APN settings. Explanation is posted a few pages back, click on page 78. I haven't tried this myself, but you can also try running VOICE DIALER, speak to the phone "OPEN A, P, N" pausing between APN and open the APN and edit it's content. Let us know if that works.

Thank you.

I saw some comments on this before but I couldn't find a real answer. Thank you for the explanation. I've been trying to fix the APN via GO SMS and an APN backup tool but so far no avail. I may keep trying unless I just give up and wait for an update fix.

BTW: The voice dialer command did not work, just opened the wikipedia APN page.

FYW--the stock MMS app does not properly send to multiple recipients. Don't know if this is known or not.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

Thank you.

I saw some comments on this before but I couldn't find a real answer. Thank you for the explanation. I've been trying to fix the APN via GO SMS and an APN backup tool but so far no avail. I may keep trying unless I just give up and wait for an update fix.

BTW: The voice dialer command did not work, just opened the wikipedia APN page.

FYW--the stock MMS app does not properly send to multiple recipients. Don't know if this is known or not.

There are other versions of CM7 that have everything working. This one is becoming a little outdated as ath3nos has been personally tied up in some other things for the time being and hasn't been able to dedicate too much time to this ROM anymore...

Boldabe R

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

Does this Rom Work with Optimus V will it load everything that is Virgin Mobile, like on the lock screen show the Virgin name and on the notification bar show it as well

ath3nos

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

I apologize for my absence as of late. I am hoping to do another build sometime this week to update this a bit. However, it may be the last build I do for CM. I want to start devoting my time to a pure Gingerbread rom. Drew has a thread with some new builds which he says should be considered experimental, but it seems to be running well right now. I am not sure that what I build will be much different than his as it will be based off of blarf's git and using Drew's kernel. I should have something before the end of the week.

seraphim5

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

I apologize for my absence as of late. I am hoping to do another build sometime this week to update this a bit. However, it may be the last build I do for CM. I want to start devoting my time to a pure Gingerbread rom. Drew has a thread with some new builds which he says should be considered experimental, but it seems to be running well right now. I am not sure that what I build will be much different than his as it will be based off of blarf's git and using Drew's kernel. I should have something before the end of the week.

Just when I find another rom I like, Ya just up and quit :( JK Hows the wife recovering. And have you ever made it down to LBL to see the bison. Fing awesome.

ath3nos

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

Just when I find another rom I like, Ya just up and quit :( JK Hows the wife recovering. And have you ever made it down to LBL to see the bison. Fing awesome.

The good thing is that Drew has picked up and done a lot of work with this. I really think his is much better now than what I can make. Check his ROM out. He has fixed many issues and also has a nice kernel. With his ROM out there and the awsome work he is doing this one is pretty outdated and even if I did sync with IHO repository it would not have a lot of the features Drew has added and fixed.

As far as LBL I have no idea what that is, lol. And do you mean bison as in buffalo? If so I have seen plenty. I was raised in the heart of the Black Hills in SD. What's more awsome is Bike Week in Sturgis. It starts next week I believe. This will be the first year I have not gone back to visit and check it out.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

The good thing is that Drew has picked up and done a lot of work with this. I really think his is much better now than what I can make. Check his ROM out. He has fixed many issues and also has a nice kernel. With his ROM out there and the awsome work he is doing this one is pretty outdated and even if I did sync with IHO repository it would not have a lot of the features Drew has added and fixed.

As far as LBL I have no idea what that is, lol. And do you mean bison as in buffalo? If so I have seen plenty. I was raised in the heart of the Black Hills in SD. What's more awsome is Bike Week in Sturgis. It starts next week I believe. This will be the first year I have not gone back to visit and check it out.

Really appreciate all your work to get this project started and rolling! Hope your wife is well.

Boldabe R

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

Yeah this Rom is really nice and everything works like a charm,ath3nos if you are really thinking of making a pure Gingerbread Rom hook me up I will love to try it out I have the Optimus V, maybe on the future make one for the Motorola Triumph, that's going to be my future phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777