[ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v4 [UPDATE] 10/14/2012

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
sorry, i neglected to mention that the inability to toggle BT only occurs when in airplane mode (yet you can still toggle WiFi in air mode)
I just confirmed that behavior on my v5 LS670. I'm surprised that DanteROM even lets us toggle WiFi in airplane mode because the whole point of airplane mode is to conserve energy by turning off the radios (WiFi, BT, cellular).

Of course, you can use an app like QuickSettings (by Halfbit) to quickly toggle BT in airplane mode.

Just out of curiosity, what is your need to toggle BT in airplane mode? Using BT headphones on an airplane?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ZVJ][FINAL] 2.3.3 DanteRom v5 [UPDATE] 3/21/2014

Just to clarify, the quick toggles are not my mod but one I ported over. They function as well as they will. Frankly, even if I wanted to fix it I doubt I could. But awesome work there guys helping each other out!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

FrozenFlame422

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

I love this rom, but I'm getting the Package File is Invalid error. I saw the post on dalvik2dev-HydroRom-ZVJ.zip but the link is invalid. Is there any way to fix this or get a hold of the file that I need?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

I love this rom, but I'm getting the Package File is Invalid error. I saw the post on dalvik2dev-HydroRom-ZVJ.zip but the link is invalid. Is there any way to fix this or get a hold of the file that I need?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35358768/dalvik2dev-HydroRom-ZVJ.zip

For some reason I am having an issue with goo.im. This is hosted on my dropbox until I get it sorted.

Edit: goo.im link active now

http://goo.im/devs/hlxanthus/Optimus_S/Mods/dalvik2dev-HydroRom-ZVJ.zip

Download link updated in thread instruction section

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1742621

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Just wondering if someone running this rom can recommend a Hotspot app

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Perhaps I thanked a little too quick... Can't get the Hotspot to show up on my other wifi device

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

Just wondering if someone running this rom can recommend a Hotspot app
As I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, you can use the free app, WiFi Tether by Muller, Lemons, & Buxton. It only works in ad-hoc mode but that's fine as long as you're not using your phone as a hotspot for several people at once because ad hoc mode doesn't efficiently manage traffic.

I can confirm that both version 3.1-beta1 and 3.2-beta2 work well (without paying Sprint a monthly hotspot premium) as long as you make the following changes in the app's settings.
1) Select "Change Setup Method" and choose "WEXT (ad-hoc)".
2) Select "Device-Profile" and choose "Optimus S". (Actually, you can leave it on the default "Auto" but it's probably best to set it manually.)

I seem to recall trying Barnacle and lots of other free hotspot apps in hopes of finding one that worked in infrastructure (not ad hoc) mode but I couldn't find one that worked.

The not-free apps, PDANet+ and FoxFi (which was acquired by the same company) used to be available on the Play Store, and they enabled ifrastructure (not ad hoc) hotspot functionality, but those apps are no longer available from the Play Store for Optimus S owners (though I suspect that they would still work on the Optimus S if you could somehow install them and register them).

Last edited: