Ron Amadeo's review of Pixelbook on Ars Technica

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
He makes some good points, I guess. But then I wonder what he thinks about all of those people who buy a $2000 Macbook and use it primarily to check their email and Facebook feed, and maybe some light word processing?

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I ordered from Amazon, because the insurance was 91.00 for three years with no deductible. It will not ship until the 31st.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I received mine on Friday. I love it so far. Great design, excellent screen, and it's lighter than I expected.

I just received my Pixelbook today on Halloween day! So far I'm loving this thing and can't seem to put it down. So far all the android apps I have installed are working great. The only negative thing I have to say which has been said one other reviews before is the audio The speakers are not great and sound more like my Pixel XL phone speaker 0 base mostly high treble. However it still fine watching videos on YouTube etc and it's very loud. I'm willing to sacrifice the sound quality for the ultra thin light weight look. This thing is truly amazing and I'm happy that I ordered one.

Thanks

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
No one can knock the hardware.

And as far as the OS - chromebooks have been around for quite some time now. The debate is old and tired. You should already know what it can do when buying this machine. It isnt going to run some of your traditional PC/MAC apps. What it does do, will be better done than anything else. IF you still need those apps, you can run linux on it. These reviews that rip the software come from obvious newbs to the chrome OS. Comparisons to PC/Mac are lame - apples to oranges.

The only new thing is running all the android stuff, which is crazy awesome, for an on the go mobile device. All I will say about that is, in the end, you save all the money that this device costs by being able to use all those android apps already purchased. You arent going to have to buy licenses for software over and over.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
No one can knock the hardware.

And as far as the OS - chromebooks have been around for quite some time now. The debate is old and tired. You should already know what it can do when buying this machine. It isnt going to run some of your traditional PC/MAC apps. What it does do, will be better done than anything else. IF you still need those apps, you can run linux on it. These reviews that rip the software come from obvious newbs to the chrome OS. Comparisons to PC/Mac are lame - apples to oranges.

The only new thing is running all the android stuff, which is crazy awesome, for an on the go mobile device. All I will say about that is, in the end, you save all the money that this device costs by being able to use all those android apps already purchased. You arent going to have to buy licenses for software over and over.

Well said I agree!