Rooting for Eclair and leaked Froyo DK28

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
When I make a backup with clockwork do I need to delete the older backup or will clockwork automatically know to restore the latest one when needed? Thanks so much!

Last edited:

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Why do you need to install the android SDK? When I rooted my phone, I didn't even include that into my rooting procedure (Did the Epic lag fix 3.0.0.5) and I have root.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
It was suggested early on to add that to the procedure. You may be right about not needing it. When official Froyo is released I'll revise the 1st post.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You know I asked myself the same question back when I first did it. I think it was back on OneClickRoot 2.5.5 it said the same thing about adding the Android SDK. At that point I said who am I to say it isn't needed. So I just did it and still never understood why, its not being accessed ever to my knowledge.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I mean this isn't my first time rooting an android phone (rooted my samsung moment before this). On my Samsung moment, there was not anything involving the android SDK. And then I thought to myself, if they both are from Samsung, then both shouldn't need the android SDK. Other than that, I tried it first on my desktop (can't use it to hack my epic 4g [also bricked my Epic a couple of times :D] cuz I messed up the drivers and everything else involving the Epic 4g big time on it) and now I use my laptop. TBH, I got stuck on the first part where you had to create a 'path' cuz I couldn't get the name of the location of the SDK. I put the SDK exactly where the walkthrough told me too, did the same environmental variable, and the same folder name. Yet my computer couldn't find it.

debl

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
rooting for epic 4g

should I wait till they come out with 2.2 and then root, or root now. Does rooting give me the 2.2?

jasonb225

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to root with one-click, It worked on a coworkers phone but wont work on mine- same usb port, cable, etc. I've tried a dozen times.

How do I install an .apk from my sd card? I want to try zroot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dfgfg