Rooting with Corp Touchdown

cyberchief

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I have Touchdown installed with corporate security installed. I THINK it is only security for the touchdown exchange application. I am wondering if rooting my phone would upset any of these settings... don't want my company getting pssd at me. The ONLY reason I would want to root is for the free wifi tethering. Right now, I am paying VZ 20 a month for the 2 gigs hotspot. I am new to android and didn't know about rooting for free wifi. But, again, my concern is hurting something with Touchdown. Thoughts?

Oh.. one more... with tethering... is it possible to root, install the wifi tethering, then unroot? Or do you have to stay rooted? I just want the free tethering... don't really want to do anything else.

slycen

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
There should be no conflict with touchdown. Rooting just allows you access that you would otherwise not have, it won't interfere with anything you already have. In order to use wifi tether you would need to be rooted, so no unrooting after it is installed, it needs the superuser permission in order to function. Hope that helps.

cyberchief

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!!! Uhg... decisions, decisions. I am an IT Analyst... so things arent difficult to figure out how to do...just not aware of the downstream ramifications.

slycen

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
You can always unroot if you find that its not working out for you. Just means you won't get to tether anymore. You can also SBF back to stock at anytime if you do anything beyond rooting. Its pretty straight forward and the community here is great for support if you have any other questions.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
If it's a corporate phone, I wouldn't root since you are voiding the warranty. You'd be in hot water later if you ever had any problems with the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroharoo