Rumors of buttons on the side is a deal breaker. Anyone else?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Back buttons are so much better in my opinion.

It's one thing I miss on my Moto Pure

Posted via the Android Central App

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
yeah back buttons and curved screens are excellent browsing experience. maybe go for 6inch OLED, but then no one handed use possible. with 5.5 inch curved it's good.

Also battery life should be at least on par with the flex 2, which is very good. And Fast Charge 2.0 works very well.
QI Wireless charging is not a must but nice to have.

posted via the LG Flex 2

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
yeah back buttons and curved screens are excellent browsing experience. maybe go for 6inch OLED, but then no one handed use possible. with 5.5 inch curved it's good.

Also battery life should be at least on par with the flex 2, which is very good. And Fast Charge 2.0 works very well.
QI Wireless charging is not a must but nice to have.

posted via the LG Flex 2

It sounds like the battery will be decreased from 3000 mAh in the LG G4 to 2800 mAh in the G5.

RandyOhio

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I've had 2 G2s and 2 G4s. No back buttons, no more LG. It's one of the few things that made up for slow updates, few accessories and poor quality. Every time I buy the price plummets AFTER I purchase. Copy everyone else and I'll buy everyone else. At least they might hold their value for a longer period of time.

Posted via Android Central App

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
"few accessories"

oh jeah, I hear ya.

I had to order the LG Quick Cycle Case for my Flex 2 all the way from US to Europe.

It's rarely been seen here but worth the hassle to get it.

posted via the LG Flex 2

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
No back button and I probably jump to S7...Assuming Camera is as good and at least has SD card slot. I can live without swapping battery

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't get the people that say if it doesn't have the rear buttons they'll ditch LG. so what's your alternative? not like there's other phones that have that feature, so you'd be leaving a phone cause it didn't have rear buttons, but you'll be switching to a phone that still doesn't have rear buttons. just doesn't sound very logical. and rear buttons are the only reason you got the G4? personally I prefer side buttons, never warmed up to the rear buttons, but LG would have to dramatically revamp their software for me to consider the G5, no matter where the buttons are.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Which is why probably they'd go with another brand. If the defining characteristic of the G4 were the backbuttons and, at least in my opinion, it didn't really trump any other phone in performance and definitely not in interface design, then yeah, it makes sense to just go with a phone that 'does it better'. Sure, the camera was top notch too, but so did a handful of other phones.

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I don't get the people that say if it doesn't have the rear buttons they'll ditch LG. so what's your alternative? not like there's other phones that have that feature, so you'd be leaving a phone cause it didn't have rear buttons, but you'll be switching to a phone that still doesn't have rear buttons. just doesn't sound very logical. and rear buttons are the only reason you got the G4? personally I prefer side buttons, never warmed up to the rear buttons, but LG would have to dramatically revamp their software for me to consider the G5, no matter where the buttons are.

Which is why probably they'd go with another brand. If the defining characteristic of the G4 were the backbuttons and, at least in my opinion, it didn't really trump any other phone in performance and definitely not in interface design, then yeah, it makes sense to just go with a phone that 'does it better'. Sure, the camera was top notch too, but so did a handful of other phones.

Exactly, I jumped from S3 to G2 because of back button. I will thoroughly miss the back button. knock on and knock off will be missed if I leave as well. I did get the boot loop failure on my G4 and don't love the software. Those things will have me shopping around. Waterproof S7 will tempt me to leave but the only thing that has a 90% chance of keeping me from shopping around is LG keeping the back button.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

Bingo!! The one big differentiator with the LGs is the back buttons, personally if they get rid of them then it's just another phone and I'm in the market for any manufacturer now.

jpilimai

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Bingo!! The one big differentiator with the LGs is the back buttons, personally if they get rid of them then it's just another phone and I'm in the market for any manufacturer now.

Exactly. The G4 has been a great experience for me and I was terribly disappointed with the news of no back button. Hopefully I get 6.0 soon and I can stretch out my phone's life cycle until a worthy successor comes along with back buttons.

Posted via the Android Central App

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Side buttons are a step back in my opinion. Seems like they're confused as to who they want to please. They are cutting edge, fresh and different one year and then decide to be run of the mill iPhone Samsung like the next.

LG NitroHD G2 G3 G4

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I guess they got their user feedback from people like me, who found the back buttons cumbersome and quite uncomfortable. Not sure what's different about my fingers haha but mine did NOT 'fall naturally' there while holding the phone. I ended up with a sore index finger after a few days.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I guess they got their user feedback from people like me, who found the back buttons cumbersome and quite uncomfortable. Not sure what's different about my fingers haha but mine did NOT 'fall naturally' there while holding the phone. I ended up with a sore index finger after a few days.

This was my thought on the buttons. I picked up my current phone (S6) and my index finger does rest on the back, but nowhere near where the buttons on the G4 would be. I would have to move it to reach the buttons and could see it getting annoying after awhile.

Last edited:

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
This was my thought on the buttons. I picked up my current phone (S6) and my middle finger does rest on the back, but nowhere near where the buttons on the G4 would be. I would have to move it to reach the buttons and could see it getting annoying after awhile.

I know everybody's hands are different, but I hope you mean index finger. My index finger rests on the volume up button perfectly, with thumb on left and remaining fingers on right. (left handed)

LG NitroHD G2 G3 G4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
menblattcard