Running low on storage...help!!!

johnnagrrl

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok, please bear with me as I am completely "droid stupid". I got a new Droid 4 after moving over from a Blackberry. I got a notification today that I'm running low on storage already (WTF?!?!)... how do I fix this? I tried moving a bunch of apps and stuff onto the "internal storage" since it never gave me the option of putting it onto the SD card I have in my phone, but I'm still getting the notification. Argh! I'm so frustrated! I can't update anything because my storage is low. So. in understandable terms (I said I was droid stupid, right?), how can I fix it? Thanks so much.

johnnagrrl

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
It says storage. I have an 8GB sd card in the phone and tried moving all my apps and junk to the card but it's still saying I'm low on storage.

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Eight gigs is barely enough to do anything these days, especially if you're recording 1080p videos. I would just upgrade to a 16 or 32 GB card.

johnnagrrl

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
But the problem is, nothing else can be moved to the SD card. I currently have 7.7GB free on the card and only 311MB free on the phone. And I have tried to move as many apps to the SD card as I can. Every app that is able to be moved has been moved. I have gone through every single app on the phone and moved every single one that would let me. And still, I can't do any updates or anything because there isn't enough storage space. I've only had the phone for 3 weeks and I'm already having this issue. Kind of a bummer.

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Only 311 MB is dangerously low. If you're taking pictures and videos, check the camera's settings by touching the little slider icon on the lower left of the screen in camera mode, touch the gear icon, scroll down to storage location and change it from internal storage to SD card.

johnnagrrl

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Already been done. I made sure of it the day I got the phone.

Only 311 MB is dangerously low. If you're taking pictures and videos, check the camera's settings by touching the little slider icon on the lower left of the screen in camera mode, touch the gear icon, scroll down to storage location and change it from internal storage to SD card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201