S Voice Won't Text or Call Contacts

A0425A

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
All of a sudden today when I try to intiate a text or call to a contact via S Voice on my S2 the watch doesn't seem to be able to find the contact. I get a message "Not found. Who would you like to text instead" or "Not found. Who would you like to call instead". Other commands like asking time or even making a call to a nearby business. But it won't call or text a contact!!! Anyone else seeing this behavior?

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Yes... I couldn't get s voice on gear s2 to call by voice either, always has said can't find contact... so any answers would be welcome

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Try connecting to your WiFi network so the watch and phone can connect to the Samsung mother ship. Not sure if it will work for you. It seemed to work for my wife's 3g model as the 3g is not activated. We could not get it to see her contacts even though the contacts show up on the watches contact list. Even Samsung level 2 could not figure out why the watch was not recognize the contacts. I turned on WiFi and bam. The watch worked. Svoice saw the contacts. Watch and phone were connected to the same WiFi network.

Posted via the Android Central App

A0425A

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Try connecting to your WiFi network so the watch and phone can connect to the Samsung mother ship. Not sure if it will work for you. It seemed to work for my wife's 3g model as the 3g is not activated. We could not get it to see her contacts even though the contacts show up on the watches contact list. Even Samsung level 2 could not figure out why the watch was not recognize the contacts. I turned on WiFi and bam. The watch worked. Svoice saw the contacts. Watch and phone were connected to the same WiFi network.

Thanks for the suggestion. That didn't work for me.

hereforinfo

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my S2 3g. Contacts are in the listing, and even added to Buddy list. It can't find any of them. I called Samsung Tech support and was forwarded to the next level "professionals" and they told me that I had to activate the gear s2 via the verizon network before it would work. I said that doesnt make any sense because it still makes and receives calls fine through bluetooth connection to my phone and she had no answer.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
You do not have activate it. As long as you have a Samsung account and the phone is connected via Bluetooth try turning on WiFi on the watch. You have ever to be on the same network as your phone. The watch will get the WiFi login info from the phone. In our case the wife's watch connected via WiFi/Internet and that synced the contacts. Only minor issue is whenever the watch is restarted it give the activation message. Just say no and move on.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my S2 3g. Contacts are in the listing, and even added to Buddy list. It can't find any of them. I called Samsung Tech support and was forwarded to the next level "professionals" and they told me that I had to activate the gear s2 via the verizon network before it would work. I said that doesnt make any sense because it still makes and receives calls fine through bluetooth connection to my phone and she had no answer.

the above info worked for me... what i did. turned of bluetooth so that i was only connected via wifi, opened s voice said call... and behold it brought up the contact. hit cancel, re-connected to bluetooth and voila, now it works... weird, but cool, thanks all

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I am not sure why this has to be done. It may have something to do with the way setup is done on the 3g version. Normally you would buy this at a carrier store like Verizon. They would activate it after assigning a phone number to it. During this process the watch and phone are paired not only via Bluetooth but by "Remote Connection". Since you are not activating the watch, there was no remote connection. By using WiFi that connection is made and the watch and phone are now fully synced.
At least that is what I think is going on. All I know is my wife's watch needed this extra step to work right. I have 3g classic version and had it activated at the Verizon store so mine worked from the beginning. 5 bucks a month is OK by me.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I think you might have that right... I'm probably going to activate mine as well... I just wanted to play around with it first to see if it is something I'm actually going to use or if it's more of a novelty... Not sure where I am yet on that ;)

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm having the same issue on my Classic Platinum version... I tried the wifi trick a few days ago and it didn't work. I'll turn bluetooth off and try again. Will report back my out come...

Polen

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
When I use S voice and say Call... , It says Contacts Syncing... and then nothing. Tried turning off Bluetooth and using Wifi, but nothing, samething, Contacts Syncing... Humm.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok here's my midway report. I turned off bluetooth and the watch connected to wifi like before. This time I tried speaking different contacts than previous and some worked.... Now I'm under the impression that it's syncing but very slowly. No contact in the buddy list work yet but other names from the phone contact do... Think I'm going to leave it on wifi for the night and see if it's totally synced in the morning...

A0425A

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Let me say that my S2 is the BT version. I went ahead and disabled BT so that communication would occur via Wi-Fi. Same result. All of Samsung says they want to RMA the watch. I don't feel it's a hardware issue at all. The watch hears my voice and s voice responds to just about everything except things dealing with contacts. Should I send the watch in or wait for them to realize they messed up software and wait for a patch.

A0425A

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Ok here's my midway report. I turned off bluetooth and the watch connected to wifi like before. This time I tried speaking different contacts than previous and some worked.... Now I'm under the impression that it's syncing but very slowly. No contact in the buddy list work yet but other names from the phone contact do... Think I'm going to leave it on wifi for the night and see if it's totally synced in the morning...
I'll try this.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
After leaving the watch on wifi all night. I took it off the charger and while still on wifi spoke the name of a contact previously not found and it recognized the contact. So I turned bluetooth back on and the watch has found every contact I've asked for.
For those still having trouble I'd suggest you try this....

A0425A

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
After leaving the watch on wifi all night. I took it off the charger and while still on wifi spoke the name of a contact previously not found and it recognized the contact. So I turned bluetooth back on and the watch has found every contact I've asked for.
For those still having trouble I'd suggest you try this....
This worked for me as well. Great job guys!!! I'll let my the people at my experience desk know.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
From my initial midway report. I'm convinced that once on wifi the contacts are syncing in random order and not alphabetically.
I also noticed that when I deleted a few contacts from my phone while still on wifi. The watch did not remove the contacts from the watch until it was connected back to BT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fufukadan120