S10+ reception...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PetieZ

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
S10 variants have volte, can talk and use data now.

S8 and a few others have the capability when added via software update.
Ok...so that's a capability of voLTE? I was wondering what it is/does. So far my experience is the call quality is lesser on voLTE.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I have Sprint but I don't have the phone yet but I'm getting unlocked I hope I don't have problems. Will I be able to surf and talk at the same time? I guess my husband can try it he has the same phone is it a setting you need to turn on Volte? I don't think he's been having reception problems but I'm not sure.

PetieZ

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Ok...an update of sorts happened last night. It was not a normal system update, and it happened automatically. No notifications or anything except while it was happening.(I forget exactly what it said).
But..
Reception changed instantly after the update happened.

I'm not near my house until later today, so I can't speak of my "home" reception yet which was bad too.
Where I am currently and was all day yesterday I was sitting on a full signal roaming network. Texts etc were stacking up and "downloading" but coming in every once in a while..

After the update:
Network switched to full signal LTE. All of my texts downloaded within minutes. Like new. This is how it's supposed to be.

I will report back tonight or tomorrow with home signal updates. Hopefully that was the issue and all is well now..

PetieZ

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Update:
Reception near my home hasn't changed. Still will go from 4 bars LTE seldom, to zero and just an "x". "Emergency calls only" and texts take forever to send and receive.

kmmill00

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I got an update this morning. Nothing changed. If you disable Band 25 and Band 41, it seems to have helped a ton.

Directions: You must disable Band 41 AND Band 25!. Enter Data Programming Mode: ##3282 # Edit -> Enter MSL: 000000 -> OK -> LTE -> Band41 Enabled -> Deselect -> Band25 Enabled - Reboot. So far seems to fix the issue. Again, you must disable both Band41 and Band25! Works like a charm Smiley Happy

frank-barnett

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
wow! so I was thinking of upgrading - maybe not. I like a phone that works to make calls and stuff.

Though - I wonder how much is related to the crappy network sprint is.

PetieZ

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Update came through tonight....I'll test tomorrow and be back with some responses tomorrow..
ceb641723442eac64c793ceae481e669.jpg

PetieZ

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I got an update this morning. Nothing changed. If you disable Band 25 and Band 41, it seems to have helped a ton.

Directions: You must disable Band 41 AND Band 25!. Enter Data Programming Mode: ##3282 # Edit -> Enter MSL: 000000 -> OK -> LTE -> Band41 Enabled -> Deselect -> Band25 Enabled - Reboot. So far seems to fix the issue. Again, you must disable both Band41 and Band25! Works like a charm Smiley Happy
Curious how and where you came up with this fix?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Since this seems to be about the Sprint issue I am going to close it down so we don't have two threads going on the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smita05