S21 FE issue with bluetooth volume and Android Auto

cmd1031

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I've been having an issue since I got this phone on Jan 22nd where sometimes I connect to Android Auto (2017 Honda CR-V) and there's no audio volume (usually I'm listening to a book on Overdrive). Restarting the phone does usually fix this, but I cannot be restarting the phone every time I start driving.

I think I figured out today that the issue is with the bluetooth volume setting muting itself somehow. Today, after I had no volume in Android Auto, I unplugged the USB, changed the Audio source to bluetooth, and still had no volume. However, this time when I pressed the volume up button on the phone, the menu specifically showed the volume level for bluetooth and it was at 0. Once I raised that, it played fine on bluetooth and when I reconnected the cord, it played with no issue on Android Auto as well.

Does ANYONE know how to get it to stop muting itself? FWIW, I am running Evie launcher (I hate One UI). If there's suspicion that that's an issue, I can try switching back, but not sure why that would be an issue.

I also have MAJOR issues with my Galaxy Active 2 smartwatch. I had to pair it 3 times when I first got the phone and now it works, except I cannot get it to vibrate for text notifications and it no longer notifies me when I'm not active. This is annoying, but less important than the AA issue above.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I had what may have been a similar issue with my Pixel 4a 5G and Android Auto on my 2021 Subaru Outback. Try turning off notifications for the Android Auto app. These are notifications to tell you AA is available in the vehicle when the phone connects to the Bluetooth in the vehicle and that it is then connected when you plug in the cable. I found that sometimes the 'connected' notification would sound and then notification volume on the AA system in the car would 'stick' and the other audio I wanted to hear was significantly reduced volume until I'd get another notification.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001