S22 Ultra had to reset my Galaxy Watch 4

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Had to reset my Galaxy Watch 4 as it was hooked to the S21 Ultra :(

Now, I have to redownload about 100 plus faces :'(

Was there any other way besides resetting the watch to connect to a new device?

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure there's no other way than to reset the watch. You can save a backup of your watch data, though. I used one yesterday when I connected my Watch 4 to the S22 Ultra.

In Settings on the watch Account and backup is near the bottom. I don't recall specifically how to run the backup, but it states you do it from your phone.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Same here... it let me back it up, but then there was no restore...

They need to find a solution as I had to re-add all of my cards to GooglePay

Borgie

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I backed mine up (galaxy watch 3), and after i paired it with the S22u, it took a few minutes but all my watch faces were there

dwade62

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Same here. When resetting it prompted me to delete my mobile data plan before I could reset it. That cost me a trip back to ATT to have the plan synced to the watch. The restore didn't give me any of my watch faces I had added, nor the apps.

Did anyone else get prompted to delete your mobile plan?

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure there's no other way than to reset the watch. You can save a backup of your watch data, though. I used one yesterday when I connected my Watch 4 to the S22 Ultra.

In Settings on the watch Account and backup is near the bottom. I don't recall specifically how to run the backup, but it states you do it from your phone.

...hit the link to backup on your phone and the backup page should be loaded. Easy, and you can set it to auto-backup.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I wish we could just move from phone to phone without wiping out watches.
I was just talking about this with a friend. We were saying it would be nice if Samsung would have it so we could have 2 phones tied to the watch so we could switch between a couple phones without having to reset the damn watch. Samsung needs to address this issue in my opinion.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I was just talking about this with a friend. We were saying it would be nice if Samsung would have it so we could have 2 phones tied to the watch so we could switch between a couple phones without having to reset the damn watch. Samsung needs to address this issue in my opinion.
Agree, it's weird that they haven't done this after all these years. Seems like a feature they could've been added a long time ago.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I backed up and had all but one of my watch faces..wierd lost it. At least apps and settings came over.

Yeah, restored from backup; but it did not keep my tiles settings and did not bring alot of my faces, especially the ones I bought through Reddit on Play. Ended up redownloading them.

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
My backup and restore went great. I backed up through my Samsung account while still on the old phone, then the S22U automatically restored the watch when it connected, everything there. The only thing I had to do was reactivate all the Samsung Pay credit cards and select my wife as contact on the contacts widget.

Edited to add: This was a watch 3 frontier

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I backed up my GW3 connected to my Note 20U. I then setup the watch on my s22U & restored the backup. I lost one paid watch face from the Galaxy Store that I just purchased in December. :( I also don't see the Samsung Email app. I was not able to find it in the Galaxy Store watch section. So I have lost access to my emails on my watch.

It's always something... :D

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maryjay