S23 pre-order Statistics

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
So now that pre-orders are over for the S23 series multiple sources are coming out that the S23 has surpassed that of the S22 series and doubled the pre-order numbers of the S21U series. What's interesting is that this is arguably the most expensive pre-order series for Samsung in recent years. With multiple bad press of Samsung's trade-in values for previous flagships why do you feel that pre-order numbers increased instead of declining. This is definitely a win for Samsung. Of course time will tell if this series will continue to see steady growth or if there will be a decline in MOM sells.

https://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-s23-ultra-preorders-3286619/

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using AC Forums mobile app

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: S23 pre-order statics

I remember reading somewhere that Samsung has been known to say higher numbers to increase interest in phones. If it's popular then others will get it, plus keeps shareholders happy. I can't find the article though.

Anyone else see this article?

Sent from my SM-X800 using Tapatalk

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: S23 pre-order statics

Wow lying about pre-order numbers? I would hope not as that would look pretty embarrassing and damaging for a company this size. Anything is possible though I guess.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I can't find anything on it, but I swear I read somewhere where Samsung altered numbers and such to make people think it was a hot seller.

I'm probably just losing my mind.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's Samsung, I wouldn't put it past them to manipulate numbers to show in their favor

It might include devices that Samsung has shipped to partners like carriers etc might not be actually in customers hands. Just one example but probably they have different techniques to tilt the numbers into positive press.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I can't find anything on it, but I swear I read somewhere where Samsung altered numbers and such to make people think it was a hot seller.

I'm probably just losing my mind.

Ha ha you may be thinking in regards to how people precieve amount shipped to actually be the amount sold. I know they always broadcast having the most phones shipped.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Ha ha you may be thinking in regards to how people precieve amount shipped to actually be the amount sold. I know they always broadcast having the most phones shipped.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app
Yeah I don't have more time to deep dive it, but more I think about it is their marketing to give false sense of high sales and such to get people to buy since everyone else is. I'm pretty sure it was the marketing tactics.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I don't have more time to deep dive it, but more I think about it is their marketing to give false sense of high sales and such to get people to buy since everyone else is. I'm pretty sure it was the marketing tactics.

I believe as marketing is the king of sales. Hell I've always said that's why Apple is so successful. Their marketing can't be denied. Not only that their loyal fans market for free which is the best advertising for them lol. A lot of people run to buy things they feel are in short supply or high demand.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
So now that pre-orders are over for the S23 series multiple sources are coming out that the S23 has surpassed that of the S22 series and doubled the pre-order numbers of the S21U series. What's interesting is that this is arguably the most expensive pre-order series for Samsung in recent years. With multiple bad press of Samsung's trade-in values for previous flagships why do you feel that pre-order numbers increased instead of declining. This is definitely a win for Samsung. Of course time will tell if this series will continue to see steady growth or if there will be a decline in MOM sells.

https://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-s23-ultra-preorders-3286619/

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using AC Forums mobile app

Think I've seen this before. Oh yeah....

And by end of year you hear Samsung fails to hit it's 30 mil sales target.

And...

And... the previous year... and year before that... etc. They always announce this pretty much every year.

It's easy to pump up preorder sales numbers and launch sales when you are discounting the phone up to $1000 to log the sales and ride the momentum of new product launch. It's after the first months maintaining the momentum is the tricky part. Continued discounts, special packages and bundlings. And at the end of the year it's the same story... Samsung was not able to exceed sales over last years model.

Great phone. My favorite phone. But it is what it is.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos