S3 and Tab2 problem

rgt10

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a rather odd problem, whenever I use my S3 and do a google search, the results of this search are being sent to my Tab 2 as well. This would normally not be a problem, but the phone is for me, and my wife uses the Tab 2.

Is there any way to keep this from happening. Its not like I have anything to hide, but she is always questioning my searches, and it annoys her to see my "Stuff" on her tablet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Roger

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Your Google searches that are done anywhere (whether it's phone, tablet, or desktop browser) while logged into your own Google account will then be seen anywhere else that your Google account is logged in. So if your wife's Tab 2 is actually linked to your own Google account, then she will see you searches (and you will be able to see what she searches for on her Tab 2 pop up on your S3). If you want them to be separate, then you should remove your Google account from the Tab 2 and add your wife's Google account.

tplace 1976

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
There is also an option within your google account settings (via google.com) where you can turn off this feature. The idea is to make searches available everywhere (as stated above) but it can be disabled via account settings.