S3 frontier dying faster

Anotherusr

Sep 29, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone noticed their watch dying faster since switching to the note 10+? I used to get 3-3 1/2 days on my note 8. I'm getting barely 2 days now. I'm not using my watch anymore than I used to if anything I might have used it a little less this week.

cannibalstreet

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed their watch dying faster since switching to the note 10+? I used to get 3-3 1/2 days on my note 8. I'm getting barely 2 days now. I'm not using my watch anymore than I used to if anything I might have used it a little less this week.

My s3 now only lasts about 6-7 hours. Apparently I there is an issue with an update but I've also seen people in other forums say it's a battery issue. Either way I'm getting an active 2.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed mine dying faster , but then again I don't use my watch all day either. I only wear it mostly for my 12 hour night shift.

creekwater1482

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
My s3 now only lasts about 6-7 hours. Apparently I there is an issue with an update but I've also seen people in other forums say it's a battery issue. Either way I'm getting an active 2.
Mine isn't quite that bad but I haven't gotten more than 12 hrs with mine for awhile. Had the watch when it first came out though so at 2 years old I can understand that. That's if I don't use the always on display and a vanilla watch face. Add AOD and a cool watch face and that's a different story.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
It could just be coincidence as your watch battery is probably just getting old. You may need to replace the battery if you're comfortable with don't that. Mine used to last only a few hours but after replacing the battery it's now back to 3 days. This was early last year when I did the replacement.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I'm still getting 2 days of usage without charging.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine about 2-2 1/2 years and have seen some decline in battery. I typically top it off every evening, wear it over night and until evening the next day. At that point it has between 60-70% remaining. So based on that, I'd say I'm getting at least 2 days.

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site

I have the Galaxy watch and the battery seems about the same as with my Note9.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

When my S3 lasted for that short of time, Samsung diagnosed it and said I needed a new battery. I replaced it and it's back to lasting 1-2 days. I never had it lasting 3-4 days.. Maybe if nothing was installed on it and things like the health monitors were all turned off as well as the AOD.

Anotherusr

Sep 29, 2017
Visit site
It could just be coincidence as your watch battery is probably just getting old. You may need to replace the battery if you're comfortable with don't that. Mine used to last only a few hours but after replacing the battery it's now back to 3 days. This was early last year when I did the replacement.

Was that easy to do? I mean I guess I'm outside of a manufacture warranty so it's not like I'll break that..

Sheesh that's horrible, what's making you get the active 2 instead of the "galaxy watch"?

cannibalstreet

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Was that easy to do? I mean I guess I'm outside of a manufacture warranty so it's not like I'll break that..

Sheesh that's horrible, what's making you get the active 2 instead of the "galaxy watch"?

I'm a plumber and work with the watch on. Need a black watch thats cheaper so it doesnt show scratches and damage as much

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site

Yeah it was pretty easy. Bought the battery on eBay and watched a couple of YouTube videos on how to take it apart.

Anotherusr

Sep 29, 2017
Visit site
When my S3 lasted for that short of time, Samsung diagnosed it and said I needed a new battery. I replaced it and it's back to lasting 1-2 days. I never had it lasting 3-4 days.. Maybe if nothing was installed on it and things like the health monitors were all turned off as well as the AOD.

So your watch screen is turnt on 24/7 and your able to get 2 days? Mine only comes on when I look at it and it's been off charge since about 11am and I'm at 55%.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I would consider getting the newer Galaxy Watch. I had the S3 Frontier but used my $200 promotion to get the Galaxy Watch. This battery is waaaayyyyyy 100x better than the Frontier and it looks even better to me

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
My LTE Gear S3 about 2 years old always on display. Going to pick up the LTE version of the Active 2
f6c67e336d80fa152ba03a8d3af04f29.jpg

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Mine isn't quite that bad but I haven't gotten more than 12 hrs with mine for awhile. Had the watch when it first came out though so at 2 years old I can understand that. That's if I don't use the always on display and a vanilla watch face. Add AOD and a cool watch face and that's a different story.

With my Gear S2 Classic I'm still getting 1.75-2 days use out of a single battery charge. Depends on whether I worked out our not.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
So your watch screen is turnt on 24/7 and your able to get 2 days? Mine only comes on when I look at it and it's been off charge since about 11am and I'm at 55%.

To be honest, probably more like 1-1.5 days. It usually comes off charge around 7:30am and by 10p or so, and I usually will have around 55%. My assumption is that it would last at least another 12 hrs after that but I put it in the charger when I get home.