S3 wont turn on

Chathu_10

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys, I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, got it recently and within hours of using it, I updated the software with low battery (rookie mistake). So now, when I turn it on, it just gets stuck on the Samsung screen and sometimes with a 'Grey Battery' with a frozen loading circle. I tried lots of stuff from YouTube and android central, none of them work. I also tried Vol.Down+Home+Power button and I chose the 'Download OS' option and waited overnight, nothing happened. So I went with option 2 'Restart' ad it bought me back to the frozen Samsung screen. Then I tried Vol.Up+Home+Power button, it got me to Recovery mode, I wiped the data 5 times (I didn't have anything I needed) and then rebooted the phone. I didn't work either. However, I noticed options called 'Apply update from ADB' and 'Apply update from external storage'. I am trying to find a safe place to download 'Jellybean Software' and add it with an SD card (If you guys know any please reply). Also I want to know if there's any way to fix it.
Thank you guys!

Chathu_10

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site

Chathu_10

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site
What about Odin?
I tried to follow the steps but t got messy. Although, I did try Kies one more time and now it's saying 'connecting the device' for a while. In the instructions you sent me, it told me to power off before I started but it never turns off unless the battery is removed. When I put the battery back, it just shows the grey battery with frozen loading circle. Odin is still really complicated.Screenshot (107).png

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm -- sorry, I think that's the extent of what I can help you with. Hopefully someone else has some suggestions. Good luck!