S4 Antenna (and battery indicator) problems - possible to replace parts?

juno1337

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

After a little accident with my S4 (water damage) the antenna seems to be broken. It shows anywhere from 0 to 6 ASU, and I'm not even able to register on my phone network.

I've seen different parts on ebay, and I'm just not sure what to get.

Does it sound about right to order both the antenna part (which I assume is this one, both loudspeaker and antenna)
Genuine Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4 SIV Loudspeaker Ringer Buzzer Antenna Part | eBay

and to be sure, antenna cable as well:
New Samsung S4 I9500 Galaxy Inner Antenna Signal Wire Cable Part | eBay

I don't really feel comfortable changing this myself, but I suppose it won't be a problem to get someone to do it for me.

Could there be any other parts that needs to be changed, or does this sound about right?

On a side note, another thing not working after the water damage is the battery indicator, even with a different undamaged battery. Anything to do about this?

Cheers

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

After a little accident with my S4 (water damage) the antenna seems to be broken. It shows anywhere from 0 to 6 ASU, and I'm not even able to register on my phone network.

I've seen different parts on ebay, and I'm just not sure what to get.

Does it sound about right to order both the antenna part (which I assume is this one, both loudspeaker and antenna)
Genuine Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4 SIV Loudspeaker Ringer Buzzer Antenna Part | eBay

and to be sure, antenna cable as well:
New Samsung S4 I9500 Galaxy Inner Antenna Signal Wire Cable Part | eBay

I don't really feel comfortable changing this myself, but I suppose it won't be a problem to get someone to do it for me.

Could there be any other parts that needs to be changed, or does this sound about right?

On a side note, another thing not working after the water damage is the battery indicator, even with a different undamaged battery. Anything to do about this?

Cheers

Don't attempt to fix it yourself if you do not have any knowledge. Otherwise, you may risk breaking your phone.

This may not be the best answer but why not consider asking someone who is experienced to help you repair your phone?

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

juno1337

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. That's the idea, yes - but if I can provide the parts myself, things will go a lot faster, and will be cheaper as well.

jostnyc

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
i think the main antenna is on the mother board. i have an s4 with water damage and it has low to no signal. i changed everything on the phone including the parts you mention above and still no signal. also be careful when you get the lower part where the speaker is housed. depending on the type of s4 they are not interchangeable, i.e. cdma parts wont fit on a gsm one. have you gotten the parts yet? post how its going. if you feel brave i was able to dissassemble the s4 with videos on youtube. i already had all the tools. check those out if you like. its pretty easy with the exception of the glass and digitizer. i wouldnt do those. on one video a guy was taking it off just to show how its done and he broke the lcd under the glass. but as to all the other parts its doable.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
koop