S4 Mini Black Screen Fix

Petr Molek

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I've already replaced few screens, but I was surprised about samsung one...

I received a phone from my friend.
"After deopping my phone, my screen started to turn on automatically. It was in varranty, so I let the store I bought it in fix it. After receiving the phone back, it was OK. For some time.. Then the problem appeared again. It wasn't so bad, so I let it be. But I dropped it again and my pixels went black. One after another, from bottom and top of the display. After a day, only a small stripe of pixels in the middle of the LCD were working. And about an hour later, all pixels were dead."
So, he gave me his phone. I tried to start it up, but happened exactly what he said - thetouchscreen worked fine, all buttons, but the screen was dark, full of dead pixels.

I tried to diassembly it, and I was surprised that I couldn't get the screen from the phone. Also, you can't buy just the LCD, only the whole front panel with touch screen and LCD.

That is VERY expensive, so I'm asking you, if there's a way to get it cheaper or if there's another solution. Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Moved to the S4 Mini forum. Your solutions are to try to do it yourself, after buying a replacement screen online, or bring it to a repair shop. Not sure what other solutions you're hoping for.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582