S4 Zoom will not come on even with fully charged batteries

Spanishflyer

Feb 6, 2018
Visit site
Dear friends,

I've had this phone for some time now and was used by my wife. After some time I decided that the actual phone/camera was a bit bulky, so I bought her an S6. Since then, I kept the S4 Zoom in a cupboard with the battery in place...

Now she misses all the possibilities the Zoom has with regards to photos and wants to use it again. I left it charging for one night (because it wouldn't turn on logically), but I was not able to turn it on, or even reset it pressing mode, vol + and ON switch.... My guess is that the battery was gone. Ordered another two and an independent battery charger, just in case the phone USB contacts were at fault, but after fully charging the two new batteries, tried them both without any reaction from the phone. It is completely dead and it will not reset in any way; the annoying thing is that the phone was working perfectly prior to storing it and now I don't even know what to do other than dumping it. Not planning on sending it for repair, since I'm sure it will cost me more than what is worth it, so my question and beg to you guys/gals is if there is any way I can try to sort the problem by myself. I can strip it open and put it back together, but need to know what to do or search and where to look for the problem. Basically it is as simple as this; three batteries, fully charged by an external EB-K740AUWESTA and the S4 Zoom won't even twitch..
Thanks a lot