S5 Pictures and video upside down on PC

kgh00007

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I just moved from a nexus 5 the S5 and when I plug it in to my PC all the photos are upside down or sideways depending on which way I was holding the phone when I took them. Same with the videos.

Is this normal on a the S5, do i have to get used to this?

The nexus 5 doesn't have this issue, nor did the Samsung Galaxy Nexus before it!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

kgh00007

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone answer this for me?

I'm about to return the S5 for a new nexus 5 because if this and the terrible low light camera performance!

Cheers!

kgh00007

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Never had this problem. Sorry :/

Posted via Android Central App

How do you transfer the files, by MTP over USB or using Kids or what?

I've tried different USB drivers and the phone is up to date, but pics and bids still come out on the PC upside down and sideways, transferring by MTP over USB!!

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Are you taking your photos with the phone in landscape orientation, or vertical? The phone camera normal is to rotate your phone left to horizontal, so that it looks like a camera. That may be the problem.if you take a photo with the phone oriented vertical, then that may happen that you get sideways pics on the computer. If so just rotate them with your pc viewer

Sent from a Galaxy S5 Far Far Away

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I've had the S5 since July and never have this problem unless I took a pic vertically. I always transfer pix to pc with usb direct, wireless and usb with Kies, and mostly with wireless Goodsync, which I use on my pc to back up data...you need the app for that though in addition to it being on their pc

Sent from a Galaxy S5 Far Far Away

HFL

May 6, 2014
Visit site
well as Owner of Galaxy S5 . I CAN SAY. if u capture photos in wrong engle it could happend...

way to fix , go to gallery press "Retate" on the photo. and presto the problem been fixed

crcclu

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
No, even using windows explorer with two windows open. I can see photos & video files are correct on the S5 & card. Copy to folder in PC I can see they are upside down. Move back to S5. Wow they are correct again. PIMA

No1Shutterbug

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. I tried an experiment...I turned the S5 in the opposite direction (home key to the right instead of the left) and recorded a video and took a picture. When transferred to my PC everything was upright. However, what I recorded before is still up side down. How, after copying to my PC do I rotate videos? Pictures are no problem because that can be done on the PC with no problem. Hope this helps and if anyone has any other thoughts on how to correct this, please post.

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
The ONLY time I had this problem was with my videos - I had turned the phone from vertical to horizontal mid-recording and it went sideways. It corrected itself fine on the phone, but it stayed sideways with the letterbox black bars on the side on my PC.

I was able to re-rotate it using Windows Movie Maker (on Windows 7) though, so no biggie.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I tried an experiment...I turned the S5 in the opposite direction (home key to the right instead of the left) and recorded a video and took a picture.

That's the only way the videos come out correctly for me, with the home key to the right.

I was able to re-rotate it using Windows Movie Maker (on Windows 7) though, so no biggie.

Windows Movie Maker is also what I used...works great!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans