S6 Battery "Confirmed"

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Well that sucks. Yes, I know the Exynos is more power efficient, but I like to have all the battery power I can get. Especially since it won't be removable. Why are manufacturers so obsessed with making phones thinner? I haven't heard anyone complain about their phone being too thick in a long time.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Well that sucks. Yes, I know the Exynos is more power efficient, but I like to have all the battery power I can get. Especially since it won't be removable. Why are manufacturers so obsessed with making phones thinner? I haven't heard anyone complain about their phone being too thick in a long time.

Exactly! I do not care how thing my phone is, I just want my phone to last long and work perfectly. I really hope this battery will last long

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Exactly! I do not care how thing my phone is, I just want my phone to last long and work perfectly. I really hope this battery will last long

I have a 4,200 mAh extended battery from Zero lemon in the S3 that I'm using. I could care less if a phone is a "brick". Society is quite spoiled. There's a point where you would/should render an über thin phone useless, because it does effect how long said phone will last you in terms of battery life. Thin phones mean small batteries. People who want thin for the sake of aesthetics don't know how to use a smartphone properly, imo.

Posted via the Android Central App

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: S6 Battery "Confirmed"

The S6 is rumored to be 6.9mm thin, the iPhone 6 is also the exact same thinness but with a smaller screen and an even smaller battery as well.

The ability of Samsung to pack in a 2600mAh battery in the 6.9mm body of the S6 is a feat all on its own.

With that said, while I appreciate the engineering behind such a task, I can't make a judgment on whether It was a good or bad decision until I have seen the results of battery tests.

The largest drain of power on modern smartphones is the screen, radio and processor. The processor consumption issue is sorted with the new Exynos process but that still leaves the screen and radio. With Samsung's notoriously bad reception, a lot of power is sucked up by the phone constantly fighting for reception.

We already know that Samsung is seriously capable of reducing the power consumption of its AMOLED panels, the worrying bit is the QHD resolution which is an unnecessary power draw in my opinion.

If Samsung is able to reduce the power consumption of its display drastically and improve its cellphone radios. Combining these two aspects with the debloated software should lead to some surprisingly good battery life.

I would withhold in making a judgement ahead of the time as the mAh capacity is not the whole story when it comes to determining battery life and these rumours may not even be 100% accurate.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

The S6 is rumored to be 6.9mm thin, the iPhone 6 is also the exact same thinness but with a smaller screen and an even smaller battery as well.

The ability of Samsung to pack in a 2600mAh battery in the 6.9mm body of the S6 is a feat all on its own.

With that said, while I appreciate the engineering behind such a task, I can't make a judgment on whether It was a good or bad decision until I have seen the results of battery tests.

The largest drain of power on modern smartphones is the screen, radio and processor. The processor consumption issue is sorted with the new Exynos process but that still leaves the screen and radio. With Samsung's notoriously bad reception, a lot of power is sucked up by the phone constantly fighting for reception.

We already know that Samsung is seriously capable of reducing the power consumption of its AMOLED panels, the worrying bit is the QHD resolution which is an unnecessary power draw in my opinion.

If Samsung is able to reduce the power consumption of its display drastically and improve its cellphone radios. Combining these two aspects with the debloated software should lead to some surprisingly good battery life.

I would withhold in making a judgement ahead of the time as the mAh capacity is not the whole story when it comes to determining battery life and these rumours may not even be 100% accurate.

Why do you have to be so rational? Panic! ....Fire! ....Little batteries and Big Ferraris!

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure what carrier you are on. But my S5 on at&t seems to be one of the best reception devices on their lineup. If CDMA it might be different, but not worried on GSM/HSPA/LTE radio.

Also anyone with electrical background would know that real battery capacity is measure in terms of Whr not mAh. You need to factor in the voltage there, not just current draw. So 2600mAh battery in S6 might consume less power than other device with the same mAh number.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure what carrier you are on. But my S5 on at&t seems to be one of the best reception devices on their lineup. If CDMA it might be different, but not worried on GSM/HSPA/LTE radio.

Also anyone with electrical background would know that real battery capacity is measure in terms of Whr not mAh. You need to factor in the voltage there, not just current draw. So 2600mAh battery in S6 might consume less power than other device with the same mAh number.

I am on a GSM Carrier with LTE support and I tend to find the S5 to have marginally worse signal than my S4 I previously owned. Occasionally I find my phone drops to 0 bars and is essentially unusable while others with iPhones on the same carrier seem to hold onto that last bit of signal and remain usable.

I know most tablet batteries are ususually advertised in terms of Watt Hours but I don't believe I have seen a smartphone battery advertised in watt hours. I don't have much knowledge in the electrical field though, besides some basic concepts I picked up through research for other topics.

alkezi

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Guys the device hasnt even come out yet. Just be patient, I have no reason to trust any rumours especially if it comes from non tech website like forbes

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delgerjargal