S7 Edge Not Receiving SMS

nucks26

Trusted Member
Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
My girlfriend's S7 Edge has began to act up recently. It's starting to become a big concern because she simply did not receive multiple SMS messages from her boss the other day. Personally I think the issue lies not with the carrier, but with how many SMS conversations are stored on her phone. Her and I are both notorious for this, we do not delete our conversations! There's always important information that can be recovered in any conversation. Therefore, from her and I alone, there are literally thousands of text messages and MMS photos stored in that thread of conversation. I'm thinking if that is cleared up it will eliminate the issue. Anyone have a good strategy that can back up and save photos specifically from our conversation? This way she can delete the conversation and clear it up. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Well depends. Are you using the default SMS app? Because default settings is that it will delete messages automatically when it reaches a certain number, usually like 1000. So it's less likely shr has the number of messages you say she has.

Then you also have to consider how much memory is left on the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harper99