s7 edge screen went black during use.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
i was using my s7 edge today, and in the middle of browsing facebook the screen just went black, the phone didnt die because the navigation buttons still light up when i press back or recent, also i still get notification light, i tried to do a hard reset to restart (holding power and vol down) but the phone and it still has a black screen.. anyone know what i should do? or has this happen to anyone.

Last edited:

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes, you could try. Difficult when you can't see it tho.. If the screen isn't locked, you may be able to access with a pc or an external keyboard..
Not sure of the procedure there, I'll put this up at the mods site and some smart person should have an smart answer.
Sounds as though the device is working OK.. Try to call it up and see if it rings..

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Tim, sounds like your LCD went, or some other hardware related issue. In any event since the device DOES still power on, you should be able to back it up and/or get info from it via Samsung Sidesync on your PC or Mac. Once you are satisfied you have the info from the device (contacts, pictures, and a full backup IF you can), then contact either Samsung or your carrier about a warranty repair or replacement. (or out of warranty repair if necessary, or you attempt a self repair if you are comfortable doing so)

SideSync | Samsung US

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I agree with Tim, sounds like your LCD went, or some other hardware related issue. In any event since the device DOES still power on, you should be able to back it up and/or get info from it via Samsung Sidesync on your PC or Mac. Once you are satisfied you have the info from the device (contacts, pictures, and a full backup IF you can), then contact either Samsung or your carrier about a warranty repair or replacement. (or out of warranty repair if necessary, or you attempt a self repair if you are comfortable doing so)

SideSync | Samsung US

will i be able to use sidesynce without having to do anything on the phone, because you know i cant interact with the phone so if i need to download an app or something yea..

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
will i be able to use sidesynce without having to do anything on the phone, because you know i cant interact with the phone so if i need to download an app or something yea..

I honestly don't know. Sidesync itself is a computer program. Now if it requires you to accept connection on the screen, or install a companion app on the device, I don't know. Either way it's worth a shot. Try downloading it to your PC or MAC and then try using it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradypsnyder