Sadly, I am returning my U11 to HTC

Altema22

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
So I guess a more appropriate title "Coverage is terrible at my house and VZW only has the obsolete bands here".
It's odd how a coverage issue would turn into a dig against the phone, but I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of those.
Glad I'm on AT&T.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
That seems to me to be a better title.

Verizon has become a company that does what ever they want to without regard to doing what's in the best interests of or for their customers. Pity...

Mac

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That seems to me to be a better title.

Verizon has become a company that does what ever they want to without regard to doing what's in the best interests of or for their customers. Pity...

Mac
Sometimes it's true but it honestly just depends on the rep that you get which I've had happen with all carriers.

davidb423

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I am going to return the HTC u11
Great phone
But is it worth the money? For me no, the lack of the headphone jack is a big issue for my daily activities, including using wired headphones for phone calls.
While the included usb c headphones sound great....its proprietary --it won't work at all with anything else--including usb c tablets or laptops--so carrying multiple headphones and the 3.5 adapter is .....not worth it.

I could easily see myself getting it again in a few months if the price comes down. The battery life is very good...but getting a lg g6 for really cheap is a better deal until pixel 2 or something else comes out.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I am going to return the HTC u11
Great phone
But is it worth the money? For me no, the lack of the headphone jack is a big issue for my daily activities, including using wired headphones for phone calls.
While the included usb c headphones sound great....its proprietary --it won't work at all with anything else--including usb c tablets or laptops--so carrying multiple headphones and the 3.5 adapter is .....not worth it.

I could easily see myself getting it again in a few months if the price comes down. The battery life is very good...but getting a lg g6 for really cheap is a better deal until pixel 2 or something else comes out.
The front camera on G6 was a potato camera, battery life was not great, previous gen processor (yeah sure day to day usage it shouldn't matter but I like the latest gen processor) and LG skin is still cartoonish. The only thing I liked when I had the G6 was the amazing wide angle camera on the back and the feel of the device in hand. IMO OP5 at $479 is a better buy than G6. U11, Pixel XL and S8 are one level above G6 and OP5. But I definitely agree if you rely on headphone jack U11 might not be the right fit if you don't want to use the 3.5mm adapter.

davidb423

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Well I HAVE an LG G6 that I was gonna sell if I kept the Htc U11, but easier to return htc u11 and use lg g6 as my backup device until something comes along that can finally take over for the Mate 9. So far no phone can beat it for what I use it for.

I agree the g6 is pretty inferior to the HTC U11 in many ways. The SD 835 is a beast....but I don't think HTC should have left off the headphone jack--at least not until USB-C audio has a better universal standard--the potential is great...but...not worth it.

Software on Lg-g6 is pretty unappealing compared to the simplicity of the u11...sigh...

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
So I guess a more appropriate title "Coverage is terrible at my house and VZW only has the obsolete bands here".
It's odd how a coverage issue would turn into a dig against the phone, but I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of those.
Glad I'm on AT&T.

Well, your feelings about Verizon aside, when you tout the "fact" that your phone is "certified to work with Verizon" and then it doesn't properly work with Verizon, that would seem to be a legitimate "dig" at the phone that one just spent $650 to purchase. Now, had HTC not trumpeted the whole certified with Verizon thing, then you'd have a point. But it did.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Well, your feelings about Verizon aside, when you tout the "fact" that your phone is "certified to work with Verizon" and then it doesn't properly work with Verizon, that would seem to be a legitimate "dig" at the phone that one just spent $650 to purchase. Now, had HTC not trumpeted the whole certified with Verizon thing, then you'd have a point. But it did.

Considering that Verizon actually sells a phone that has no CDMA radios and wants to stop using CDMA, I would say it's Verizon fault.

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
So has anyone received a refund yet? This is the first time I've ordered anything that was fulfilled by Digital River and I've read quite a few less-than-flattering stories about their return process. Just curious to know why it's taking so long.

Hyperspace13

May 2, 2016
Visit site

Writers of various articles said it was certified. Who knows where they got that idea. HTC's site never said it was certified.

thetruthkc

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
So has anyone received a refund yet? This is the first time I've ordered anything that was fulfilled by Digital River and I've read quite a few less-than-flattering stories about their return process. Just curious to know why it's taking so long.

I was charged on 6/29 by DR. I received it and mailed it back the very next day. It arrived at the processing center on 7/5. I got my refund on my CC 7/8.

All in all a pretty painless experience.

I originally ordered from HTC, got cold feet about it being shipped within two weeks, so I put in an order with Amazon and got it overnight (I'm a prime member)! Plus used my Amazon credits towards it. HTC ended up shipping it to me pretty fast (even without expedited shipping). However, I had already opened and and was using the one I had from Amazon, so back it went. I paid for shipping back, about $10.

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Writers of various articles said it was certified. Who knows where they got that idea. HTC's site never said it was certified.

HTC never used the word certified but they sure went on about how the u11 was built to handle things like carrier aggregation, visual voicemail, wifi calling, etc on the 4 major carriers. All that wording was removed shortly after the u11's release when it became clear that many of these features were unavailable on select carriers.

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I bought the U11 based on Android Central's article touting Wifi Calling and VVM would work on VZW. I sent it back and a retraction is in order on that article I think.

Hyperspace13

May 2, 2016
Visit site
HTC never used the word certified but they sure went on about how the u11 was built to handle things like carrier aggregation, visual voicemail, wifi calling, etc on the 4 major carriers. All that wording was removed shortly after the u11's release when it became clear that many of these features were unavailable on select carriers.

They always said those features would require the carrier to support them on the U11. The phone is capable but It's up to Verizon to support it.

SkypilotOfHope

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

No, and I just contacted HTC to escalate my concern. I initiated a return process on 17 June and my phone was delivered to the return centre on 23 June, however, the status of my return still says Quantity Pending Return: 1. Yet FedEx has confirmed delivery (signature upon delivery was required).