Samsung A52s 5G Camera..... WTF? Is this normal?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Absolutely mind blown here by how bad this is from a usage point of view. Just bought a brand new A52s, the phone is generally lovely. First day, it did all it's updates to Android 12. But I can't get over the camera. Like wtf....

I can take at most... 1 pic every 1.5 seconds, for about 5 seconds then I get "processing" and can't take anymore until that's over. Where I can again take a single shot or two, slowly, before it "processes" again.

Is this normal? This is my first Samsung. I'm coming from Oppo where I could take far more shots way faster without any lag. When I'm trying to catch my son running around or whatever, this is just totally unacceptable and makes me want to immediately return the phone.

I have tried saving to internal and to SD card. it's the same. I have cleared the cache in recovery mode, still the same. Reset camera, the same. The only thing that seems to make a difference is turning off HDR where i don't get the processing but I still can't take pics any faster.

Is this normal??? If not how can I improve? Please, I can't deal with this

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I have a Galaxy A32 5G, and I don't see that. Granted, it's not the exact same phone, but it's similar, and I wouldn't expect a higher end phone in this line to be outperformed by a lower end one.

See if it persists in Safe Mode: www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/#:~:text=Start%20your%20device%20in%20Safe%20mode&text=First%2C%20completely%20power%20off%20the,appear%2C%20repeat%20the%20previous%20steps.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174