Samsung Cloud and Verizon

TX Jedi

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Out of nowhere, Samsung Cloud just showed up on my Verizon Note 9. It just started syncing. You used to have to jump through hoops to 'find' it on Verizon Galaxy phones because they want you to use their service. Does anyone else have it?

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
It's on my Verizon Note 9. Sure makes syncing all my notes and files a lot easier. I had saved Scrapbook files from my Note 7 that I was also able to recover. Of course I had to do a little searching for the scrapbook apk.

TX Jedi

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
I never had it in my app drawer before. It just showed up and started to try and sync (warning me to use wi-fi)

Bo21

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung account listed in the accounts under settings. Is that the Samaung Sync? How do you get into it if there is no app button in the app drawer?

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung account listed in the accounts under settings. Is that the Samaung Sync? How do you get into it if there is no app button in the app drawer?
Tap on the Samsung listing in Accounts and then the top right menu (3 dots) and select sync settings. This will give you the options for which services you would like to sync (keyboard, internet, scrapbook, etc) Screenshot_20180908-164323_Settings.jpg

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I think I have seen this come up in other Samsung forums. As usual greedy US carriers messing with firmwares and in this case probably want to use Verizon "cloud" solutions over Samsung or something like that. I remember seeing in other Samsung device forums that Samsung cloud option is removed in the Verizon variant.

FACTagent

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I had to go into Accounts > Samsung Account > Services > Samsung Cloud to get it turned on. It then offered to add a shortcut to my apps screen.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I had to go into Accounts > Samsung Account > Services > Samsung Cloud to get it turned on. It then offered to add a shortcut to my apps screen.

BINGO! This was the magic bullet. Thanks!! VZW did their best to hide it, but this brings it out of the dark, thanks!!!

TX Jedi

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
I think what happened with me is that I created a gif and chose to share it via link sharing (first time), which caused me to agree to permissions, which 'activated' it. Either that or straight up voodoo.

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I found this information on the S9 subreddit - I posted for the Note8 Verizon users.

This may work for you since Samsung's website currently says that Verizon phones cannot use Samsung cloud.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyNote...nder_verizon_note8_s8_users_samsung_cloud_is/

Workaround does work as of January 10, 2019 on a VZW Note8.

Thanks. I have a comment 2 above yours whereI actually figured it out from another poster: "I had to go into Accounts > Samsung Account > Services > Samsung Cloud to get it turned on. It then offered to add a shortcut to my apps screen."