Samsung Cloud Gallery sync confusion

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello. It's my first time posting here so forgive any mistakes.
Some time ago I enabled Samsung Cloud gallery sync, thinking it would be something like Google Photos, (which backs up your gallery and retains local copies). Now that the default 15GB storage is maxed out, I'm looking to transfer my over 12,000 pictures and videos from my local samsung gallery app to Google Photos. The thing is, Google Photos is not "detecting" many of the folders, and even certain pictures from the folders it does detect. I figured it's because of the godforsaken, horribly confusing Samsung Cloud Gallery Sync feature.

Now I want to completely unlink the Samsung Cloud Gallery sync thing from my local gallery, so that there is only the 12,000 pics and vids in my LOCAL gallery, with no relation to Samsung Cloud.
My question: How do I unlink Samsung Cloud Gallery, retaining all my pictures in the same folders they are in my local gallery currently.

If I straight up turn Sync off, will local folders be deleted? Will all my pictures just be a mess in the vertical scrolling Samsung Cloud, with no folders? Did Samsung Cloud already delete local copies of my pics when it started syncing a while ago? I'm too confused and I have no idea what I am to do to keep my around 50 folders LOCAL and unscathed.

TL;DR; I want to unlink Samsung Cloud without losing my pictures and videos in the exact folders and orders that they are in my local gallery. (So that I can start ACTUALLY BACKING them up in a much better service such as Google Photos.)

I'm sorry if this is confusing. Please ask more questions to make it clearer. I'm running out of options