Samsung.com Pre-Orders

EazyD33

Feb 22, 2022
Visit site
Question when you go to pre-order and it says use it or lose it $150 and i clicked on accessories and it only shows so many things so do you have to choose from what it shows you? I did see the buds pro2 are 169.99 but I have the buds pro and don't really need that I would probably do a case an extra charger I don't know can you do a watch band? I just checked my orders I got the Galaxy Buds Pro in Feb 2021 when we got our 21U. Their fine I don't use them much.
You can slide the categories over.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
But if you pay it off early then you do not get the full value of the trade in. Bcause the trade in value comes as bill credits over the whole 36 months. So you lose money if you pay it off early.
Yes, you're just paying the balance off. If you keep it for 2 years the credits applied would be $666, the 5.55 monthly payments would be$140. So you have $800 paid off. So you would have around $400 left on the ultra in this case. You can sell the ultra get $300-$400, maybe more and pay the balance off. You only lose the unused credits.

These are my numbers with the $1,000 trade in.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
But if you pay it off early then you do not get the full value of the trade in. Bcause the trade in value comes as bill credits over the whole 36 months. So you lose money if you pay it off early.

Yea I knew there was a catch to carrier deals....That's why I just stick to unlocked directly from Samsung even if it appears to cost more up-front. I also don't do payments either, when the phone ships, I'm the owner of it paid in full and can do whatever I want with it lol.

cgr1971

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
The trade in prices are horrible. I have a Note 20 and Pixel 4XL. I was thinking about upgrading them both, and for an unlocked device, they are offering me $230 and $60.

I have tried to upgrade with a Verizon contract for the $800 trade in for the Note 20, but Samsung's system won't allow me to checkout. It fails every time I get the the Verizon login window and try to login to my Verizon account. I can login to my account on Verizon's website, but not through the Samsung checkout. I have a ticket open with Samsung now trying to fix it so I can order a phone.

I can't buy a phone on contract to replace my Pixel, it's running dual SIMs, one Verizon and one AT&T so it has to be unlocked.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just reread your post and unfortunately those are the only things that you can pick for your credit.

Well it doesn't make sense and I just did a chat he said no you can pick any accessory and he gave me a link for accessories. But I'm already through all the steps in my browser said 15%, ratuken applied and I see the name up at the top in my link and I'm afraid to click on stuff cuz I don't want it to go away for the 15%. I had to leave for work so I didn't even get to finish anyway so I'll look into it again later on break from work.

Last edited:

craftycarper1

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
UK buyer, S23U 512gb discounted with S21U trade in £410, additional discount £150, total purchase price with delivery £842.99. Delivery 13th Feb. Edit: Also £42 back from topcashback, so total including delivery £800.99, very happy with that :D
2nd Edit: £15 topcashback bonus as well for first purchase over £15....so total now stands at £785.99, not too shabby for the Ultra.

Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yea I knew there was a catch to carrier deals....That's why I just stick to unlocked directly from Samsung even if it appears to cost more up-front. I also don't do payments either, when the phone ships, I'm the owner of it paid in full and can do whatever I want with it lol.
The catch is simple.. If you upgrade every year the carrier deal isn't for you. For those that upgrade 2 years or 3 years which is majority of the population there's no catch, it's a great deal. The payment is $5 a month, most aren't going to cry over that payment. Go to Starbucks one less time a month.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The trade in prices are horrible. I have a Note 20 and Pixel 4XL. I was thinking about upgrading them both, and for an unlocked device, they are offering me $230 and $60.

I have tried to upgrade with a Verizon contract for the $800 trade in for the Note 20, but Samsung's system won't allow me to checkout. It fails every time I get the the Verizon login window and try to login to my Verizon account. I can login to my account on Verizon's website, but not through the Samsung checkout. I have a ticket open with Samsung now trying to fix it so I can order a phone.

I can't buy a phone on contract to replace my Pixel, it's running dual SIMs, one Verizon and one AT&T so it has to be unlocked.
Samsung always had issues with me trying to go thru Verizon also. Best buy works fine, I can go thru Verizon website fine. Samsung screws enough up anyway and if it's acting up before your even order I'm not going to go that route, I'll buy it thru Verizon or best buy. I only buy unlocked thru Samsung.

You might as well go thru Verizon, I don't think you get anything more by going thru Samsung do you?

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you're just paying the balance off. If you keep it for 2 years the credits applied would be $666, the 5.55 monthly payments would be$140. So you have $800 paid off. So you would have around $400 left on the ultra in this case. You can sell the ultra get $300-$400, maybe more and pay the balance off. You only lose the unused credits.

These are my numbers with the $1,000 trade in.

FWIW I just got off of the phone with a VZW rep and asked about your scenario. He explained it that the trade in credit is for 36 months. If you decide to pay it off early them you lose that promotional trade in allowance. The final payoff would be significatantly higher than if the promotional trade was applied. So in effect if you want the full tradein allowance you are ties tot he device for 3 years.
That is what I was told.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Went ahead and did it. Think I'll wait till Samsung integrates the SPen into the body of the Fold before going down that road again. Hoping to flip those ear buds on eBay to make it a better deal too Screenshot_20230203_162518_Shop%20Samsung.jpg

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using AC Forums mobile app

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I accidentily entered the wrong trade in model on the first go around so I had to re-order with the correct info and cancel the first one.
Went smoothly and it is still showing a Feb 17th delivery but we all know it will be before that. ;)

Mav. :cool:

Sent from the future.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Sorry forget what I wrote I didn't know how to delete it but I think its working now I see more cases than I did before and they are for the Ultra earlier they were for others. But I still don't see where I can add other accessories like chargers when Samsung on phone and chat said I could. And the weird thing is I don't really like their cases like now I'm using my I Blason with my popsocket and that's the only one I use. So maybe I will just have an extra pair of buds and get the buds and pay the 19.99. I spent my whole dinner break trying to figure it out and I finally saw other cases but then I never finished the pre-order my husband said we'll do it when I get home from work. Cuz I don't want to leave the page I'm on and lose out on that Rakuten deal. I'm still at the ending use it or loose it on the accessory credit.

Last edited:

cgr1971

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Samsung always had issues with me trying to go thru Verizon also. Best buy works fine, I can go thru Verizon website fine. Samsung screws enough up anyway and if it's acting up before your even order I'm not going to go that route, I'll buy it thru Verizon or best buy. I only buy unlocked thru Samsung.

You might as well go thru Verizon, I don't think you get anything more by going thru Samsung do you?

There is a big difference in trade in price, Verizon is only offering me $440 for my Note 20 on trade in.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
There is a big difference in trade in price, Verizon is only offering me $440 for my Note 20 on trade in.
That makes no sense. Verizon is offering $800 to $1,000 trade in for phones even damaged phones as long as the battery is not swelling. They gave me $1,000 for my note 9

Sent from my SM-X800 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777