Samsung Galaxy S3- Enable Mobile Data access over Mobile Network- turns off

JeniferF

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
PLEASE HELP ME

Every time I get an MMS from anyone especially someone with an iPhone, it doesn't just "appear"... it will give me an message with a "Download" button and an expiry date...most of the time, it wouldn't download. So I looked it up and somewhere told me to go into Settings>More Settings. Mobile Network and then make sure my "Enable Mobile Data access over Mobile Network" is checked...this DOES fix it...the problem is, is that I have to go and re-check that stupid box EVERYTIME!

is there a way to make it stay checked? its getting really annoying...I love my phone, but its gonna hit a wall soon.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
First off, rather than digging down into those menus, you can just swipe down from the Status bar - you should get the various toggles, one of which is Mobile data (it's the same as the check box at that sub-menu.
8era2uqu.jpg
It sounds like you're running something like JuiceDefender, which automatically turns mobile data off when you're on a Wi-Fi connection.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
yousra,
Have you tried scrolling that toggle list left and right? It may just be hidden.

If it's not there at all, certain carriers (Verizon is infamous for this) change the basic functionality of the software as designed by Samsung. What carrier are you with? It's possible that in their infinite wisdom they decided that you shouldn't have access to that feature without having to go through the sub-menu.

If that's the case, the only way you could get it back would be to root the phone and modify the UI or load a different ROM that had that feature enabled.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
yousra,
You could have stated which carrier it IS - perhaps someone else on that carrier could confirm that behavior.

In any case, the only reasonable option other than rooting your phone (sorry I didn't think of this yesterday) would be to install a widget that provides this functionality. You can have a single 1x1 with just the mobile data toggle, or a Zx1 with any number of different toggles together.

Take a look at:
Data Enabler Widget: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.farproc.data.enabler&token=_D73JF3W if you just want a 1x1
or
Powerful Control: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m.farproc.powerfulcontrol.free&token=8oQAwFUA if you'd like to see what other toggles you may be missing.
There are many others to choose from in the Google Play Store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradypsnyder