Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen flicker then won't start up.

manthanvyas

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello friends,
I am having Samsung galaxy S3 GTI9300 (India) from last 9 months, its not rooted and within the warranty.Android 4.1.1 Jellybean.
Yesterday my phone screen suddenly starts to go up and down, like it is flickering, black stripes goes up and down. I tried to turn off the phone immediately but it was not responding, so I removed the battery, plugged in once again and tried to power up. But the phone won't starts. I tried my friend's S3 battery but it won't start.
This happened when I was surfing on Google chrome, with WiFi on and my battery level was 18%.
Did anybody faced this before ? I hope the LCD comes under warranty.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello friends,
I am having Samsung galaxy S3 GTI9300 (India) from last 9 months, its not rooted and within the warranty.Android 4.1.1 Jellybean.
Yesterday my phone screen suddenly starts to go up and down, like it is flickering, black stripes goes up and down. I tried to turn off the phone immediately but it was not responding, so I removed the battery, plugged in once again and tried to power up. But the phone won't starts. I tried my friend's S3 battery but it won't start.
This happened when I was surfing on Google chrome, with WiFi on and my battery level was 18%.
Did anybody faced this before ? I hope the LCD comes under warranty.

I would suggest to take it wherever you can get someone to look at it. Your carrier, etc. This sounds like it might be a hardware problem.

AmericanPride

Banned
Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I've faced this issue before. It was always the battery, it got below 20 percent and the screen flickered. It wouldn't power up, it was just a faulty battery. Try picking up a new battery, hopefully that helps. If not, you're on warranty and can get it serviced. Good luck!

Whoops, didn't notice you've tried the battery. Service then definitely. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

manthanvyas

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I took it to the service center. They said that motherboard is dead so the phone. It will take minimum 5 days.
Will keep you guys posted if any of having same problem.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elizabethstephen