Samsung Galaxy S4 not retaining wifi router password

subman655

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
purchased a Samsung Galaxy S4 from ATT a couple weeks ago. I connect to my home and work wifi routers with password OK.
leave home or work and come back and must enter password again. Not cool. I updated OS over weekend that was pushed by ATT.
This did not fix issue. Any suggestions?:(

wire1141

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I disabled Smart wi-fi and hot spots, removed battery, forgot network so I had to reenter password. Before that I had to reset or unplug router to get recognition....almost every time I returned home. Samsung customer support said there is a stack of this issue piling up....common denominator is at&t.

markbc

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't use AT&T smart wifi at all and my S4 retains all passwords when switching wifi networks (so far!). . . perhaps turning AT&T smart wifi off may help. . .

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
You are connecting to your router by entering the password, correct?

Just checking because if you are using the push button on the router to let your phone automatically connect, that does not stick. It's a one time use/easy access thing.

If you're manually typing the password into your phone, I see no reason why it shouldn't stick. The next question is: do none of your wifi passwords stick or is it just a problem on your home router?

MichaelBR

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Is it a D-Link router? There are known issues with them and the S4. And it's a problem with the routers, not with the phone.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

txakura

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I was specifically looking for this issue. I've gone for close to a week with my phone not saving the wi-fi status. I can put in the password for my AT&T U-verse (2-wire 380HGV) modem, and the next time I use the phone after being gone from my house, it will have not only lost the wifi, but I will again have to enter the password. This is really no fun because the 10-digit, all numeric password is printed on the side of the modem, and you can't change it! Since I don't want the phone just picking up any old wi-fi, I've left the Smart Wi-fi off, so I don't think that's part of the problem.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I was specifically looking for this issue. I've gone for close to a week with my phone not saving the wi-fi status. I can put in the password for my AT&T U-verse (2-wire 380HGV) modem, and the next time I use the phone after being gone from my house, it will have not only lost the wifi, but I will again have to enter the password. This is really no fun because the 10-digit, all numeric password is printed on the side of the modem, and you can't change it! Since I don't want the phone just picking up any old wi-fi, I've left the Smart Wi-fi off, so I don't think that's part of the problem.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Actually it can be changed. Just have to log into the 2wire interface. If you can't figure it out you can call U-verse tech support. I used to work for both 2wire (SBC DSL) and U-verse tech support.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

ramonfre

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
That started happening to me when it updated to Android OS version 5. Version 5.0.1 didn't fix it either. It´s a pain in the neck!