Suddenly stopped recognizing my WiFi Password

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I was working on a watchface in the WatchFace Studio on my laptop, having used it many times before. All of a sudden it would no longer connect to my GW4 (non-classic LTE). After trying many times, it keeps giving me "Password incorrect". I know the password is correct because I have not changed it AND it works on my phone AND my other smartwatches. I tried clearing the cache, deleting the network and rescanning all with the same result - "Password incorrect". I was able to get it to work on my Router extenders (uses the 192.168.1.x) but WILL NOT on my direct router (uses the 10.0.0.x). I had used this as I said above, countless times to do ADB debugging over WiFi. Anyone else had this or have any clues/suggestions? T.I.A.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Changing the channel on the router wouldn't affect that (unless the device is having issues with the noise on said channel).

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Changing the channel on the router wouldn't affect that (unless the device is having issues with the noise on said channel).

What is hard to understand is why every other watch connects on this channel just fine, only the Wear OS 3 GW4. Something must be screwed up somewhere in the watch system. As I said it will connect to other SSID, just not the main SSID. I will try again to forget and after an hour or so, reconnect. Then, maybe I don't understand what you mean.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I reached out to the Samsung Android 12 Beta forum since I am using the beta. Their answer was to uninstall the Galaxy Wear app on the device and install the latest version from the Play Store. Unfortunately, I misred the answer and deleted the Galaxy Wear app on the phone and now I have to reset the watch in order to use it with the phone again. :( All data on the watch will be deleted. The autobackup DID NOT do a backup, so make sure you check that a backup has been done. In my case, I'm SOL!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
What is hard to understand is why every other watch connects on this channel just fine, only the Wear OS 3 GW4. Something must be screwed up somewhere in the watch system. As I said it will connect to other SSID, just not the main SSID. I will try again to forget and after an hour or so, reconnect. Then, maybe I don't understand what you mean.

I get that. But right now we're trying to get you to get it working. Some chips, whether defective or damaged, may have interference in certain busy frequencies that may lead to them not connecting (famously on the S7 line with, for whatever reason, on high channels and DLink routers if you had Bluetooth on). Turning other radios on the watch off (again, to start testing what's wrong and then see if you need a new watch or if it's something that can be fixed with software) might help.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I reached out to the Samsung Android 12 Beta forum since I am using the beta. Their answer was to uninstall the Galaxy Wear app on the device and install the latest version from the Play Store. Unfortunately, I misred the answer and deleted the Galaxy Wear app on the phone and now I have to reset the watch in order to use it with the phone again. :( All data on the watch will be deleted. The autobackup DID NOT do a backup, so make sure you check that a backup has been done. In my case, I'm SOL!

Didn't see this :( Sorry! that sucks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201