Samsung hardware + Pixel Software = best phone of all time?

I_didnt_do_it

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
I'm sure this has been hashed before, but given how the 2 are so good in those respective areas, but such a phone would be absolutely incredible. I think if something like this ever became reality, Apple would not be able to hold a candle to it.

Think about it, a phone with the aesthetics of a Samsung with the awesome build, awesome processors, awesome RAM, and bring in Google's optimized software experience to be able to truly take advantage of such hardware features, that would be amazing wouldn't it? A tri-camera system with the standard, wide, ultra-wide lenses utilizing pure Google software to give you the absolute top of the class photography and video recording capabilities. Such a phone would just be incredible.

I hope one of these days to see such a collaboration. I mean, technically we have with HTC and LG providing the hardware goods for the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, but to have a collab with an industry leader such as Samsung would put a device in people's hands that could really "WOW".

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm sure this has been hashed before, but given how the 2 are so good in those respective areas, but such a phone would be absolutely incredible. I think if something like this ever became reality, Apple would not be able to hold a candle to it.

Think about it, a phone with the aesthetics of a Samsung with the awesome build, awesome processors, awesome RAM, and bring in Google's optimized software experience to be able to truly take advantage of such hardware features, that would be amazing wouldn't it? A tri-camera system with the standard, wide, ultra-wide lenses utilizing pure Google software to give you the absolute top of the class photography and video recording capabilities. Such a phone would just be incredible.

I hope one of these days to see such a collaboration. I mean, technically we have with HTC and LG providing the hardware goods for the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, but to have a collab with an industry leader such as Samsung would put a device in people's hands that could really "WOW".
Back in the day Samsung Google play edition, but I don't think that would come again:(

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's about what you have when you buy a Samsung - AOSP plus whatever Samsung adds. If you want the Android experience, install the Pixel launcher, root the phone and uninstall all the Samsung apps. Then you have the software of a Pixel and the hardware of a Samsung. (You don't need Active Edge because you don't have the hardware for it. The same with the Google camera - you don't have a Visual Core chip.)

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site

To put it into more detail, ideally this is what each company could input into a dream phone (in my opinion):

Display: Samsung
Camera setup and Night Mode: Huawei
Daylight camera processing: Google
Operating System Software: Google
Charging and Battery Life: Huawei
Price/Value for Money: OnePlus and Xiaomi
Design: Samsung
Cool features (e.g S Pen, in display fingerprint sensors etc): Samsung and Huawei
Performance (processors, cooling etc): Samsung

I_didnt_do_it

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
Back in the day Samsung Google play edition, but I don't think that would come again:(

Funny thing is at the time, the regular S4 in which the Samsung Google Play Edition was based off of was actually the more popular and arguably better of the two. The Google Play Edition tried just a little too much for a minimalistic look, feel, and functionality. It actually lacked quite a few of the key features from the standard S4 that people really liked.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Funny thing is at the time, the regular S4 in which the Samsung Google Play Edition was based off of was actually the more popular and arguably better of the two. The Google Play Edition tried just a little too much for a minimalistic look, feel, and functionality. It actually lacked quite a few of the key features from the standard S4 that people really liked.
That's true , it was striped down version , just like how I made my HTC m8 Google play edition

Last edited:

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I actually like Samsung's software additions/apps, and much prefer it to Google's. I use almost all Samsung apps as defaults. The only Google apps I use are YouTube, Maps, Play Store, and Android Messages (only using that one for RCS. I prefer Samsung Messages). The only thing I'd want from Google is their camera processing, not the app though. I don't like the design of Goggle's Camera app.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I actually like Samsung's software additions/apps, and much prefer it to Google's. I use almost all Samsung apps as defaults. The only Google apps I use are YouTube, Maps, Play Store, and Android Messages (only using that one for RCS. I prefer Samsung Messages). The only thing I'd want from Google is their camera processing, not the app though. I don't like the design of Goggle's Camera app.
I'm mostly Google but Samsung's device finder has more features. To bad Verizon doesn't allow it in my carrier branded S10+.
Luckily I decided to go unlocked on the Note.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I actually like the Samsung apps and One UI. I never thought that would be the case, since I hated TouchWiz. I'm even using the Samsung keyboard and calendar apps, rather than Gboard and Google Calendar, since those are great for me. One UI is great, so much so that I'm using it rather than Nova Launcher Prime, which I had used on all my other Android devices.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I actually like the Samsung apps and One UI. I never thought that would be the case, since I hated TouchWiz. I'm even using the Samsung keyboard and calendar apps, rather than Gboard and Google Calendar, since those are great for me. One UI is great, so much so that I'm using it rather than Nova Launcher Prime, which I had used on all my other Android devices.

I agree. Samsung really started turning things around with Samsung Experience Ui or whatever it was called. It's only gotten better since then. I just wonder what took them so long. Hahaha!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcoolest01